Building a career begins from the day you start looking for colleges. Higher education is crucial for success in your career and it all starts with choosing the right degree for yourself. MBA and MCA are both great choices for post-graduation, but the correct choice is always one that is right for you as an individual. This blog aims to give you the knowledge to choose which one is the better option after online BCA: an MBA or an MCA.
Why would an MBA be a great idea?
There are many reasons why choosing an MBA after your BCA can be a great move.
- Management skills: Doing this will help you develop the managerial skills you need to perform at managerial positions in the corporate sector. This can be used in a variety of ways in different industries. Managers are required for all kinds of organisations irrespective of the industry you wish to work for. An online MBA course will help you learn the skills necessary for jobs.
- Preparation for the job sector: Today, the job sector is very competitive. An MBA can be a wonderful choice for people who want to start with an edge in their careers. This degree will give you the perspective you need to do well in a managerial position.
- Huge scope: There is a lot of scopes if you get this degree. The world is your oyster as you will get the opportunity to choose from a wide range of options.
- High salary: An MBA from a NAAC A+ accredited university will ensure that you can demand a high salary, no matter which industry you choose to start with.
- Further growth: The best thing about getting an online MBA from a good university is that it propels your career in the direction of further growth. Whether you want to grow in the industry or you want to start your own entrepreneurial venture, an MBA will stand you in good stead.
Read more – MBA Course Details
Why would an MCA be a good choice too?
Now let us look at why an online MCA can be a good choice as well.
- Perfect for tech geeks: Good career advice is very objective. If you are someone who loves technology and the industry interests you very much, then this is the degree you should opt for. It opens up a lot of opportunities in the field of computers and technology and if you feel that is your career goal, start to look at the best colleges for MCA.
- Higher pay scale: An online MCA from a reputed university will get you a higher pay scale. Ultimately, most people work for a good financial payout and if that is important to you, then choosing an MCA after your BCA can be a better option.
- The tech industry is in an upswing: Technology as an industry has never seen bad times. A career in computer applications can be your chance to be a part of this great industry. You can expect to do well in your career if you are ready to work hard.
- Lots of career scope: when you get into one of the colleges for MCA, you unlock a world of opportunities for yourself. The industry is huge and encompasses smartphones, computers, apps, and a lot more. There is a huge potential in the industry and you will enjoy being a part of it.
Differences in MBA and MCA
So what are the differences between both? Here are a few pointers that will explain the MCA vs MBA debate:
- Job responsibilities
While an MBA will be more managerial-based, where you are expected to supervise and direct staff members, an MCA is a tech-related job profile.
- Individual profile
An online MBA can be the right option for students who have leadership skills and team-building skills. An online MCA is a better choice for those who are good with technology and those who want to do something in this industry. Of course, an MCA degree holder will also be expected to work in the team, but his tech-related skills will be more important than his ability to handle a team.
Another thing that can settle the MCA vs MBA debate for some is the money factor. After all, you want a career that is going to pay well. With an MCA under your belt, you will be able to command a better payout in the company you choose to work for. There are different MBA specilaizations you can choose from. The average salary for MBA in India is 4 to 6 lakhs per annum depending on experience and specialization. Similarly, the salary for MCA ranges from 4 to 6 lakhs per year.
What should a BCA graduate do?
The best career advice that any student can get is to choose something that goes with their personality and likes and dislikes. While MCA can be a wonderful choice for someone whose interest in technology is massive, an MBA will be the right choice for someone great with people. Choosing the right postgraduate degree will help you get the best career opportunity.
When it comes to an MCA vs MBA debate, the best choice is always one that suits you. Choose the degree that will help you pave the way for future success. At Manipal University Jaipur, get the taste of a world-class education at a UGC-recognized and NAAC A+ accredited institute. The university is known for its wide variety of courses, including online MBA and online MCA. Not only does it offer full-on training and placement advice, but you also get the benefits of a strong alumni network here. Manipal University Jaipur on your resume will certainly take you places career-wise.