Admin | August 11, 2021 5 Min Read
The Covid-19 pandemic has transformed the whole learning scenario for both students and professionals. Online learning has become the new normal and almost all the educational and training institutions have implemented digital learning for various subjects and domains.
Online learning is effective in many ways. But that does not mean it has no drawbacks. To understand this properly, let us learn about the pros and cons of online learning.
Advantages of online education
- More convenient and effective: Probably one of the best advantages of online education is that it offers the learner convenience. Anyone at any point of time can start a course and complete the programme successfully without having to visit the study centre or institute in person.
It could be any online degree courses, diploma or certificate courses, that one can take just by sitting at their home. You will find the missed videos and other resources for your course whenever you need them.
Apart from this, online learning helps teachers to break free from the traditional way of teaching and embrace more innovative patterns of lesson plans. This makes online classes more effective.
- Flexible mode of learning: You do not have to travel to reach your institute with online degree courses in India or for any other online professional courses. This saves you time and effort that you can invest more in your study and practise time. You actually achieve success in an online learning environment and can choose your study time and days as per your availability.
- Affordable option: One of the major advantages of choosing online courses over traditional ones is the cost factor. Online classes cut your food and travel costs that you would have otherwise required when visiting a physical institute to study. Plus, with online study, you can go paperless and save a lot.
- Broader platform for learners: With online learning, the scope of studying and exploring different subjects and unconventional courses is huge. It is applicable for both students and professionals. Apart from being an integral part of school and college-level education, online learning is also enhancing the business and corporate environment. One can take professional and job-oriented courses through an online mode of study.
Disadvantages of Online Learning
- Requires self-discipline and focus: Unlike a traditional learning environment, there is no one to help you stay focused. Therefore, it is you who has to discipline yourself and keep your focus on learning.
- Prone to technical and internet issues: The biggest and most common disadvantage of online educationis a poor internet connection and technical faults. Both students and teachers have to face this issue which disrupts the study flow.
- Isolated learning environment: Since there is minimal physical interaction in online classes, students may develop a sense of isolation and lose interest.
- More screen-time and health issues: More screen time means more health concerns. Online classes affect health from eye strain due to constantly staring at the screen to bad posture and body pain.
How to overcome the flaws of online learning?
- Always keep distractions away while studying and keep inspiring yourself to continue the study. Study in a calm and peaceful place without any disturbance.
- Prepare a convenient regular schedule, and stick to that schedule to ease your learning journey.
- Make sure you have a reliable internet connection for uninterrupted service. Also, use a good and functional device for your online class.
- Get yourself to talk over one and interact with your peers and teachers to avoid boredom and feeling of isolation.
- Always take frequent breaks after every two hours. Splash water to your eyes and walk around a bit before getting back again.
If you are looking for top-grade UGC entitled online degree courses in India, choose Manipal University Jaipur.
We are NAAC A+ accredited institute offering professional degree courses online. Manipal University Jaipur offers courses with no cost EMI. You become a part of a larger community of learners and enhance your skills. Most importantly, Manipal University Jaipur allows you to develop the right skill and experience required as per the current job scenario.
For more information visit our website https://www.onlinemanipal.com/.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Preparing for the post-Covid-19 world
Online degree courses at Manipal University Jaipur – All you need to know
Five ways to fund your education and get the management degree of your dreams
Trying to get into a top university? Here’s what you need to know
Online vs. campus learning: What should you opt for?