Admin | February 20, 2022
After you’ve completed your final B.Com examinations, the next question that will most certainly cross your mind is what you’ll do next. When your graduation tests are over, it is time to thoroughly consider your job and future goals. This guide will provide you with all of the information you require regarding your alternatives.
Sectors you can work in as a B.Com graduate
If you have completed your B.Com, there are many sectors you can work in, including the government sector. With the master of business administration online programs available, you can choose to do an MBA after so that you are open to management jobs. Apart from this, there are various lucrative sectors you could work in, including retail. However, it is important to note that after completing your B. Com, it is usually preferable to pursue further education rather than immediately seek employment. This will assist you in ensuring a successful career in the future.
Best post-graduation courses after B.Com
This is the Master’s degree for commerce students and a popular option after B.Com.
- Eligibility: You need to be a bachelor’s degree holder from the commerce stream with a 50% aggregate.
- Duration: This is a 2-year duration course.
- Estimated cost: The annual course fee will be usually between Rs 10,000 and Rs 1,00,000.
- Job profiles: You can get a job as an account manager, finance manager, or account executive.
MBA in Finance:
An MBA in Finance is going to open up jobs in middle and upper management levels in the financial sector. You can opt for an MBA online in India if you wish.
- Eligibility: You need to have completed your bachelor’s degree programme with an aggregate of at least 50%. You will also need test scores from CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT, or similar exams to be eligible.
- Duration: This course is of a 2-year duration.
- Estimated cost: It can cost anything between Rs 1,00,000 and Rs 3,50,000 per annum.
- Job profiles: You can get lucrative jobs in the banking and financial sector, investment banking, or in any top corporate company.
Best professional courses after B.Com
CA (Chartered Accountancy):
Chartered Accountancy is a very popular course after students complete their online B.Com. The high-paying professional degree is much sought after in India.
- Eligibility: The CA exam is administered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants, and it is dreaded by young people since it is tough. After passing the exam, the student must complete two-year articles under the supervision of a licensed CA. After that, the student must take the final CA test, which is divided into two sections and must be passed in order. On passing these tasks, the student can be referred to as a CA.
- Duration: The course will be 3 years in duration.
- Estimated cost: The total course fee for CA is anything between Rs 2,00,000 and Rs 5,00,000.
- Job profiles: You can get a job as a CA in a top corporate company or you can open your firm.
CMA (Certified Management Accountant):
This is a great professional course to choose after your online B.Com and it has global acceptance.
- Eligibility: You have to be a graduate and have two years of work experience under your belt.
- Duration: 6 months at least
- Estimated cost: It will be anything between Rs 4500 and Rs 6000.
- Job profiles: You can get a job in the corporate sector including companies like DHFL, Cognizant, Amazon, etc.
CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst):
This is another popular choice for students who have completed their B.Com and wish to pursue a career in finance.
- Eligibility: You need to be a graduate with at least two years of work experience to be eligible.
- Duration: It will last for 2 and a half years.
- Estimated cost: You can expect to pay anything between Rs 2,00,000 and Rs 2,50,000.
- Job profiles: You can get a job in an internationally renowned investment company with this degree as a Chartered Financial Analyst.
CS (Company Secretary):
If being in a low-stress job and getting paid well sounds good to you, then this course can be the right choice after your B.Com.
- Eligibility: You can do this course right after your 10+2.
- Duration: It will take at least two years to complete the course which is spread over three programmes.
- Estimated cost: It can be anything between Rs 13000 and Rs 20,000.
- Job profiles: You can work as a Company Secretary in a reputed organisation.
FRM (Financial Risk Management):
This is a great course to enroll in if the master of business administration online programmes does not interest you. Organisations big and small want to reduce their financial risk and professionals with this degree are in demand.
- Eligibility: You have to be a graduate at least to be eligible.
- Duration: 9 months
- Estimated cost: Less than Rs 1,50,000.
- Job profiles: You will be working as a professional in risk management, financial modeling, or financial structure.
CPA (Certified Public Accounting):
This is another lucrative course after your B.Com.
- Eligibility: You can do this right after your B.Com results are out.
- Estimated Cost: It will be anything between Rs 70,000 and Rs 1,70, 000.
- Job profiles: You can work as a professional in public accounting.
With an IB certification, you can work in the lucrative investment banking sector.
- Eligibility: You have to be a graduate with some work experience in the financial sector.
- Duration: It will be between 12 and 18 months.
- Estimated Cost: It will cost anything between Rs 20,000 and Rs 50,000.
After your online B.Com, you can work as a digital marketer on social media.
- Eligibility: You need to have completed your 10+2.
- Duration: It can range from 1 month to 1 year.
- Estimated cost: It can cost anything between Rs 5000 and Rs 50,000.
- Job profiles: You can work as a digital marketing executive and even start your own digital marketing business.
This is a good certification to choose for a lucrative future.
- Eligibility: You have to at least complete your 10+2.
- Duration: It can be between six months to one year.
- Estimated cost: It can cost anything between INR 5000 and INR 50,000.
- Job profiles: As a data analytics professional executive, you can work in any corporate organization that outs value data.
Government exams after B.Com:
The Staff Selection Commission is known as the mini IAS in India.
- Eligibility: You should be a graduate and meet the maximum age limit of the particular designation.
- Job profiles: You can be an Income Tax Inspector, Assistant Audit Officer, Sub Inspector, etc.
Work with the central government in positions of high reputation and power.
- Eligibility: You have to be a graduate and between 21 and 32 years of age.
- Job profiles: You can work with the IAS, IPS, IRS, or IFS.
You can work in the government banking sector if you ace the IBPS.
- Eligibility: You have to be a graduate.
- Job profiles: You will work as a clerk, a banking assistant, or an office in a national bank.
If you are looking for the best MBA online India course, then get in touch with Manipal University Jaipur. They have a high-quality curriculum, excellent faculty, and a fantastic online learning platform.