In-demand skills and practical knowledge
Improved strategic thinking
Diverse job roles to choose from
Effective retail management skills
Roles you can explore
Supply Chain Distributer
Warehouse Manager, and more
Who should choose retail management elective?
We offer flexible payment options that allow students to pay their fees in semester-wise instalments.
Questions you might have
Designed as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, Manipal University Jaipur is offering online degree programmes. This means that Manipal University Jaipur provides flexible learning opportunities, e-learning material, and full-fledged programme delivery through the internet using technology assisted mechanism and resources. Students are not required to attend classes in-person and can study online from anywhere; all that is required is an internet connected device (phone/laptop/tab/computer). Examinations will be held online through remote proctoring and candidates are required to use a laptop or desktop computer with a functioning web camera.
Government recognition & accreditations
As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation is mandatory for all higher learning institutes looking to offer full-fledged online programmes. NAAC accreditations determine the quality of the institute in terms of education, infrastructure, research, teaching & learning, etc. Institutes with top NAAC grades such as ‘A++’, ‘A+’ and ‘A’ are most sought-after institutes, as they offer high-quality education.
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) has an A+ NAAC ranking with a cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.28. This recognition endorses MUJ’s academic model, world class amenities, pedagogical approaches, quality of education, and establishes us as an institute of top repute.
Online degrees: Credibility and validity
Designed as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, Manipal University Jaipur’s (MUJ) online degree programmes are recognised at par with on-campus programmes. MUJ’s online degrees are widely accepted by governments, corporate organisations, and higher education institutions for jobs, higher education, and future prospects, provided other criteria are fulfilled.
The Manipal group has a legacy of over 67 years in education. Leveraging this experience along with cutting-edge digital tools and technologies, Manipal University Jaipur’s (MUJ) online degree programmes are taught by acclaimed professors and industry leaders who share invaluable insights on how to take on real world challenges and respond dynamically.
MUJ uses an intuitive learning platform through which students can review the course module, watch recorded video lectures, interact with other students and professors, and much more. With easy to understand bite-sized content, MUJ’s online degree programmes offer a great flexible professional development opportunity where students can learn on their own schedule, study on the go, interact with subject matter experts, and find the support, network, and opportunity to thrive and improve their career prospects exponentially.
Manipal University Jaipur has a strong network of thousands of alumni spread all over the world.
Students of the online degree programmes will join this network with all associated privileges. As an alumnus, they can interact with peers and build their professional and personal network.
The Manipal University Jaipur alumni portal is located here.
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) will help all their students and alumni of online degree programmes find a suitable career and support their efforts towards getting there. MUJ’s placement assistance programmes are designed to bridge the talent gap impacting various industries and job markets.
To facilitate opportunities for students and alumni of the online degree programmes, MUJ will be launching a job fair for their students in the final years of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The job fair will be conducted virtually as well as in a few major cities (subject to social distancing norms prescribed by the relevant government bodies), and top companies across diverse industries will be invited to participate.
Apart from the job fairs, students will also have access to:
– sessions on how to improve CVs and professional networking profiles
– expert guidance on cracking interviews
– listing of relevant jobs at regular intervals
MUJ’s campus recruiters include top Indian companies and MNCs. Some prominent recruiters are Accenture, Amazon, American Express, Axis Bank, Bajaj Finserv, Dell, Girnarsoft, ICICI Bank, Phillips, Wipro, and other leading organisations.
Applications can be submitted online at www.onlinemanipal.com by providing the required details. Candidates can also apply via this link. Once a candidate provides the required details, an admission counsellor will reach out to them to assist with the application process. Alternatively, candidates can call us at +91-8805 149 972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist with the application process.
For the application, candidates are required to provide their personal details, academic details, ID proof, and upload the eligibility documents. The candidate need NOT send a printed application form to the university. In case of any clarification, the Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) team will contact the candidate.
Please refer the admission manual for further details.
- 10+2 from a recognised board, a three year diploma (10 + 3) from a State board, or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the Association of Indian Universities or other competent bodies, in any discipline with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved categories).
- 10+2 from a recognised national or state board or 10+3 diploma from a recognised national or state institute
- At least 50% marks in aggregate in 10+2 / diploma (45% for reserved categories)
- Candidates must have a 10 + 2 + 3 year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution, or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the Association of Indian Universities or other competent bodies, in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved categories).
- Candidates must have a valid score from any aptitude test (CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT/GMAT).
- Candidates without an aptitude test score need to appear and clear the online aptitude test conducted by Manipal University Jaipur as per admission norms to the MBA programme.
- Candidates must have a 10 + 2 + 3 year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution, or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) or other competent bodies, in Computer Applications/Computer Science/Information Technology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate (45% for reserved categories).
- Candidates from other streams like Science, Business Administration, Business Management, Arts & Humanities, Commerce, etc. must have a 10 + 2 + 3 year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university, or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the AIU or other competent bodies, with Mathematics at the 10+2 level with a minimum 50% marks aggregate in graduation (45% for reserved categories). Such candidates need to attend and complete a Bridge Course in Fundamentals of Computer and IT along with their Semester 1 courses.
- Candidates must have a 10 + 2 + 3 year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institution or an equivalent qualification as recognised by the Association of Indian Universities
- Candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate in graduation (45% for reserved categories)
- Proof of identity – Aadhaar card, passport, voter’s ID, PAN card with photograph, any other Govt.-issued photo identity card
- Proof of address – Aadhaar card, passport, voter’s ID, gas bill, bank statement, post-paid mobile statement
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Graduation marksheet (for MBA and MCA students)
- CAT / GMAT / MAT valid score for MBA
- Work experience certificate
- Graduation degree certificate
- Scholarship documents
- Defence Service certificate
- Divyaang scholarship
- Reserved Category certificate
Selection process and admission criteria
All submitted applications for the online degree will be evaluated for eligibility by the Admissions team of Manipal University Jaipur. In case the university requires further clarification, the candidate will be intimated via email, SMS or a phone call.
Candidates will be notified by Manipal University Jaipur within five working days of submitting the application.
Once the admission is confirmed, Manipal University Jaipur will intimate the candidate via email and SMS.
- The admission process is as per regulatory requirements. Individuals with a will to upgrade their skills are encouraged to pursue the Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) online degree programmes. The applicant has to submit a completed application form for admission with relevant documents to MUJ well within the due date.
- If the application is complete in all respects and MUJ is satisfied with the applicant’s eligibility and suitability for admission into the respective online degree programme, the student will be granted admission to that programme.
- MUJ can call for verification of the original eligibility documents at any point of time during the course of study, and non-submission of the same may result in cancellation of admission.
- No candidate is permitted to pursue more than one degree programme at a time from MUJ Online.
- Admission granted on the basis of false information will be ipso facto null and void, and the candidate will render himself/herself liable for civil/criminal action.
- If the application received from the student is not complete in any respect, the student may be given provisional enrolment at the university’s discretion. Such students will have to submit the required eligibility documents as communicated by the university at the earliest, upon receipt of which their enrolment will be confirmed, subject to eligibility fulfilment.
- An e-identity card will be made available to the students through the student portal after their enrolment in an online degree programme.
- MUJ reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Please refer to the programme manual for further details.
- Students will have to pay the requisite Certificate Fee as prescribed by the university at the time of re-registration for the final semester. Payment made by any other form will not be accepted, and will be solely at the student’s own risk.
Right to amend rules
Manipal University Jaipur reserves the right to add/delete/change/amend the syllabi, programme structure, rules and regulations wherever considered necessary and appropriate without any prior notice.
Students are advised to go through the website frequently where all circulars and important information will be hosted from time to time. Promulgation of any such information on the website in the form of circulars/notices is considered to be adequate.
All disputes relating to Manipal University Jaipur online degree programmes and activities are subject to local jurisdiction (Rajasthan) only.
Scholarships & discounts
Manipal University Jaipur offers fee waiver scholarships to students from special categories.
|Scholarship Category||Document(s) Required||Scholarship Discount|
|Divyaang (for persons with disabilities)||Divyaang certificate||20% off the tuition fees|
|Defence personnel||Personnel/Service/IC number||20% off the tuition fees|
|PSU, Central or State Govt. employees||Identity card||10% off the tuition fees|
|Merit (80% and above in Class 12 exams)||Class 12 mark sheet||10% off the tuition fees|
|Merit (80% and above in State board diploma exams 10 + 3)||Consolidated diploma marks card||10% off the tuition fees|
Mode of delivery
Programmes are fully online. Teaching and learning happen on a Learning Management System (LMS), to which access will be provided on enrolment. For each course, we provide bite-sized lessons consisting of concept videos, reading material, quizzes, and assignments. Students are also required to attend live webinars and doubt clearing sessions on certain days.
The medium of instruction is English.
Manipal University Jaipur’s online degree programmes focus on self-paced learning driven by video lectures and self-learning material such as reading material, e-books, quizzes, and assignments. This is augmented by live online lectures (webinars) where students can interact directly with the faculty.
Access to learning modules
After admission is confirmed by the university, students will receive access to the Learning Management System (LMS), student portal and e-library, along with the user ID and password. Students can then start accessing the course material and begin their learning journey.
Addressing academic queries
Students will be assigned dedicated course mentors and coordinators to guide them in their journey at Manipal University Jaipur. They can be contacted to clarify doubts using discussion forums, instant messaging, and email on the Learning Management System (LMS). Students can also interact with course coordinators during live webinars.
Learning hours requirement
Students are expected to spend at least 15-20 hours per week watching concept videos, reading learning material, attempting quizzes, and attending live webinars.
All the programmes have projects but the number of projects varies from programme to programme. Kindly refer to the structure of the respective programmes (given in the admission brochure).
Each subject will have at least one mandatory assignment. This will be a graded assignment, and the student’s response will count towards their final marks.
Offline and live sessions are mandatory. To be eligible to appear for the final exams, students are required to go through at least 75% of the offline content (reading material and video lectures).
Evaluation and assessment
The assessment system has been conceived, developed and administered on a rigorous and fair basis to bring out the best in students and prepare them for a successful career. A student’s performance evaluation will be based on both continuous assessment (CA) and term-end examinations (TEE).
The theory part is assessed by the performance based on continuous assessment (CA) through assignments and term-end examinations (TEE). The assessment ratios of term-end examinations (TEE) to continuous assessment (CA) is 70:30. CA is based on assignments prepared by the University. Term-end examinations (TEE) will comprise descriptive and multiple-choice type questions.
A student must score at least 40% in each continuous assessment and term-end examination to be declared as having passed.
Practical Papers (as applicable)
The assessment in the practical part is based on performance in guided exercises (i.e., day-to-day exercises) and unguided exercises. The latter will be conducted on the last day of the practical sessions in each subject with an external examiner. The assessment ratio for term-end examinations (TEE) to continuous assessment (CA) is 30:70.
A student must score at least 40% in both the parts to be declared as having passed.
The University term-end examination (TEE) will be held digitally viz. computer-based and online proctored. Candidates can appear for the exams from the comfort of their homes. A laptop or desktop computer with a functioning webcam connected to the internet is required to appear for the exams. The details of the examination schedule will be made available in the photo admit card issued for appearing in the term-end theory examinations. Eligible students will be given admit cards to appear in the term-end examination. Students will have to produce the identity card and admit card to appear in the term-end examinations (TEE). The examination pattern is available in the programme guide provided to students.
Examination results will be published on the student portal. If a student fails to clear any of the papers (either in UE or IA or both), he/she has to re-appear for the relevant paper by applying to the University through the re-sitting application along with relevant fees, within the due date.
Award of Degree
On satisfying all criteria stipulated by the University, successful students will be awarded their respective programme degree by the University.
Minimum grade requirement
Students must score at least 40% in continuous evaluation and 40% in each course in semester-end examinations to successfully complete the programme. In case the minimum score is not attained, they will need to apply for a repeat exam and improve their score to pass the course.
Students are required to complete the programme within the maximum period allowed for the programmes:
MBA: 4 years
BBA: 6 years
MCA: 4 years
BCA: 6 years
As the degree programmes are fully online, e-learning material will be made available to students on the Learning Management System (LMS) based on the four quadrant approach as per the UGC Regulations 2016 (Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM). E-learning study material includes (a) e-text materials; (b) video lectures; (c) audio-visual interactive material; (d) virtual classroom sessions; (e) audio pod casts; (f) virtual simulation; and (g) self-assessment quizzes or tests. Students are free to download the e-books and print them for convenience.