Recognised & accredited
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) A+
All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
University Grants Commission (UGC)
World Education Services (WES)
The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU)
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES)
Here’s what you can expect from our courses
An invaluable education for the future
We provide quality mentorship, and our faculty amplifies the value of real-world insights and allows you to create your own path to success with confidence. Our pedagogy introduces real-world case studies that will enhance and develop your critical thinking skills.
Our courses are designed for you to engage and learn at your own pace. Explore our extensive e-libraries, access the e-learning material anytime, anywhere, attend live/recorded lectures and talks that work for your schedule, and engage in discussion on our platforms. Gain access to quality content, even on low bandwidth internet, on an advanced digital platform that can be used on your phone, laptop, or desktop so you can reap maximum benefits based on your unique life needs.
Our digital platform is built for a comprehensive learning experience. It allows for immersive learning and easy, responsive accessibility to online pedagogy. Access lessons and class engagement even on low bandwidth Internet. Keep your knowledge on its toes with online quizzes and practise exams. Learn on the go and stay connected to your peers and faculty through discussion forums and more. Our platform is your world of education with 880 hours of e-tutorials, 650+ hours of digital content, 300+ hours of additional learning videos.
Our faculty comprises experienced individuals who are experts in their fields. Well over half of our faculty are Ph.D. holders in their respective subjects. They amplify the value of practical insights and allow you to create your own path to success with confidence. Our pedagogy introduces real-world case studies that will enhance and develop your critical thinking skills. Our community of professors will help you articulate yourself professionally in a dynamic world where communication and confidence matters.
We prepare you for the future
Better job opportunities
Improved strategic thinking
Increased earning potential
Effective communication skills
Roles you can explore
Television & Film Director/Producer
Content Creator, Screenwriter
Public Relations Professional
Digital Marketing Specialist, and more
Why we stand out
Designed for immersive learning
Student portal where you can always reach out to faculty
Career counseling and assistance
Advanced digital learning platform
Who can apply
- Candidates must have a 10 + 2 + 3 year bachelor’s degree from a recognized university/institution or an equivalent qualification as recognized by the Association of Indian Universities
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or graduate level education outside India must produce a certificate of equivalence issued by the Association of Indian Universities
- Candidates holding NRE, PIO status, residing outside India and / or candidates who are not Indian citizens are considered ‘international students’ and are eligible to pursue MUJ’s online degree programs. All such candidates seeking admission will be billed an international fee for respective degrees & may need to submit documents mentioned but not limited to CV, address proof, valid visa, PR card & passport copy as part of the application process
What you can expect to learn
In the next 24 months | 4 semesters
We offer flexible payment options that allow students to pay their fees in semester-wise instalments.
Easy financing options
We offer easy financing with no-cost EMIs to help you fund your education so you don't encounter cost as a barrier.
We offer scholarships for defence personnel, government employees, differently-abled people, and meritorious students.
These financial aids coupled with a convenient payback plan make Online Manipal an affordable choice.
Our certification opens doors
MUJ’s online degrees are widely accepted by governments, corporate organisations, and higher education institutions for jobs, higher education, and future prospects.
Meet our faculty
Dr. Abhishika SharmaProgram Coordinator, MA-JMCPh.D., M.A (Journalism), M.Com., MBA
Dr. Aditya Kumar ShuklaCourse Coordinator, MA-JMCPh.D., M.A.
Dr. Seena. J.Course Coordinator, MA-JMCPh.D., MCJ
Dr. Kanki HazarikaCourse Coordinator, MA-JMCPh.D., MAJMC
Dr. Amit VermaCourse Coordinator, MA-JMCPh.D., MA (MC)
Questions you might have
How are the online degree programmes at Manipal University Jaipur delivered?
Designed as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, Manipal University Jaipur is offering online degree programmes. This means that Manipal University Jaipur provides flexible learning opportunities, e-learning material, and full-fledged programme delivery through the internet using technology assisted mechanism and resources. Students are not required to attend classes in-person and can study online from anywhere; all that is required is an internet connected device (phone/laptop/tab/computer). Examinations will be held online through remote proctoring and candidates are required to use a laptop or desktop computer with a functioning web camera.
Do online degrees have government recognition and accreditations?
As per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) accreditation is mandatory for all higher learning institutes looking to offer full-fledged online programmes. NAAC accreditations determine the quality of the institute in terms of education, infrastructure, research, teaching & learning, etc. Institutes with top NAAC grades such as ‘A++’, ‘A+’ and ‘A’ are most sought-after institutes, as they offer high-quality education.
Are MUJ’s online degrees credible and valid?
Yes, MUJ’s online degree have credibility and validity. Designed as per the University Grants Commission (UGC) Regulations, 2020, Manipal University Jaipur’s (MUJ) online degree programmes are recognised at par with on-campus programmes. MUJ’s online degrees are widely accepted by governments, corporate organisations, and higher education institutions for jobs, higher education, and future prospects, provided other criteria are fulfilled.
What are the highlights of online degree programmes at MUJ?
The Manipal group has a legacy of over 67 years in education. Leveraging this experience along with cutting-edge digital tools and technologies, Manipal University Jaipur’s (MUJ) online degree programmes are taught by acclaimed professors and industry leaders who share invaluable insights on how to take on real-world challenges and respond dynamically.
MUJ uses an intuitive learning platform through which students can review the course module, watch recorded video lectures, interact with other students and professors, and much more. With easy-to-understand bite-sized content, MUJ’s online degree programmes offer a great flexible professional development opportunity where students can learn on their own schedule, study on the go, interact with subject matter experts, and find the support, network, and opportunity to thrive and improve their career prospects exponentially.
Will I have access to MUJ’s alumni network?
Yes. Manipal University Jaipur has a strong network of thousands of alumni spread all over the world.
Students of the online degree programmes will join this network with all associated privileges. As an alumnus, they can interact with peers and build their professional and personal network.
The Manipal University Jaipur alumni portal is located here.
What placement assistance does MUJ offer?
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) will help all their students and alumni of online degree programmes find a suitable career and support their efforts towards getting there. MUJ’s placement assistance programmes are designed to bridge the talent gap impacting various industries and job markets.
To facilitate opportunities for students and alumni of the online degree programmes, MUJ will be launching a job fair for their students in the final years of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. The job fair will be conducted virtually as well as in a few major cities (subject to social distancing norms prescribed by the relevant government bodies), and top companies across diverse industries will be invited to participate.
Apart from the job fairs, students will also have access to:
- sessions on how to improve CVs and professional networking profiles
- expert guidance on cracking interviews
- listing of relevant jobs at regular intervals
MUJ’s campus recruiters include top Indian companies and MNCs. Some prominent recruiters are Accenture, Amazon, American Express, Axis Bank, Bajaj Finserv, Dell, GirnarSOFT, ICICI Bank, Phillips, Wipro, and other leading organisations.
What is the application process for online degrees at MUJ?
Applications can be submitted online at www.onlinemanipal.com by providing the required details. Candidates can also apply via this link. Once a candidate provides the required details, an admission counsellor will reach out to them to assist with the application process. Alternatively, candidates can call us at +91-8805 149 972 or email email@example.com, and we will assist with the application process.
For the application, candidates are required to provide their personal details, academic details, ID proof, and upload the eligibility documents. The candidate need NOT send a printed application form to the university. In case of any clarification, the Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) team will contact the candidate.
Please refer the admission manual for further details.
What are the documents required for admission into MUJ’s online degree programmes?
- Proof of identity – Aadhaar card, passport, voter’s ID, PAN card with photograph, any other Govt.-issued photo identity card
- Proof of address – Aadhaar card, passport, voter’s ID, gas bill, bank statement, post-paid mobile statement
- Class 10 marksheet
- Class 12 marksheet
- Graduation marksheet (for PG students)
- CV / Valid visa / PR card
- CAT / GMAT / MAT valid score for MBA
- Work experience certificate
- Graduation degree certificate
- Scholarship documents
- Defence Service certificate
- Divyaang scholarship
- Reserved Category certificate
What is the selection process?
All submitted applications for the online degree will be evaluated for eligibility by the Admissions team of Manipal University Jaipur. In case the university requires further clarification, the candidate will be intimated via email, SMS or a phone call.
Candidates will be notified by Manipal University Jaipur within five working days of submitting the application.
How will I know if my admission is confirmed?
Once the admission is confirmed, Manipal University Jaipur will intimate the candidate via email and SMS.
What is the admission policy at MUJ?
- The admission process is as per regulatory requirements. Individuals with a will to upgrade their skills are encouraged to pursue the Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) online degree programmes. The applicant must submit a completed application form for admission with relevant documents to MUJ well within the due date.
- If the application is complete in all respects and MUJ is satisfied with the applicant’s eligibility and suitability for admission into the respective online degree programme, the student will be granted admission to that programme.
- MUJ can call for verification of the original eligibility documents at any point of time during the course of study, and non-submission of the same may result in cancellation of admission.
- No candidate is permitted to pursue more than one degree programme at a time from Online Manipal.
- Admission granted on the basis of false information will be ipso facto null and void, and the candidate will render himself/herself liable for civil/criminal action.
- If the application received from the student is not complete in any respect, the student may be given provisional enrolment at the university’s discretion. Such students will have to submit the required eligibility documents as communicated by the university at the earliest, upon receipt of which their enrolment will be confirmed, subject to eligibility fulfilment.
- An e-identity card will be made available to the students through the student portal after their enrolment in an online degree programme.
- MUJ reserves the right to accept or reject any application. Please refer to the programme manualfor further details.
- Students will have to pay the requisite Certificate Fee as prescribed by the university at the time of re-registration for the final semester. Payment made by any other form will not be accepted, and will be solely at the student’s own risk.
Right to amend rules
Manipal University Jaipur reserves the right to add/delete/change/amend the syllabi, programme structure, rules and regulations wherever considered necessary and appropriate without any prior notice.
Students are advised to go through the website frequently where all circulars and important information will be hosted from time to time. Promulgation of any such information on the website in the form of circulars/notices is considered to be adequate.
All disputes relating to Manipal University Jaipur online degree programmes and activities are subject to local jurisdiction (Rajasthan) only.
What are the scholarships & discounts for online degree programmes at MUJ?
Manipal University Jaipur offers fee waiver scholarships to students from special categories.
|Scholarship Category||Document(s) Required||Scholarship Discount|
|Divyaang (for persons with disabilities)||Divyaang certificate||20% off the tuition fees|
|Defence personnel||Personnel/ Service/ IC number||20% off the tuition fees|
|PSU, Central or State Govt. employees||Identity card||10% off the tuition fees|
|Merit (80% and above in Class 12 exams)||Class 12 marksheet||10% off the tuition fees|
|Merit (80% and above in State board diploma exams 10 + 3)||Consolidated diploma marks card||10% off the tuition fees|
How are MUJ’s online degree programmes delivered?
Programmes are fully online. Teaching and learning happen on a Learning Management System (LMS), to which access will be provided on enrolment. For each course, we provide bite-sized lessons consisting of concept videos, reading material, quizzes, and assignments. Students are also required to attend live webinars and doubt clearing sessions on certain days.
The medium of instruction is English.
Will the programme have live lectures and webinars?
Manipal University Jaipur’s online degree programmes focus on self-paced learning driven by video lectures and self-learning material such as reading material, e-books, quizzes, and assignments. This is augmented by live online lectures (webinars) where students can interact directly with the faculty.
When will I get access to the learning modules?
After admission is confirmed by the university, students will receive access to the Learning Management System (LMS), student portal and e-library, along with the user ID and password. Students can then start accessing the course material and begin their learning journey.
How can I get my academic queries answered?
Students will be assigned dedicated course mentors and coordinators to guide them in their journey at Manipal University Jaipur. They can be contacted to clarify doubts using discussion forums, instant messaging, and email on the Learning Management System (LMS). Students can also interact with course coordinators during live webinars.
How much time should I dedicate to complete the learning activities?
Students are expected to spend at least 15-20 hours per week watching concept videos, reading learning material, attempting quizzes, and attending live webinars.
Does the curriculum include projects?
Yes, all the programmes have projects, but the number of projects varies from programme to programme. Kindly refer to the structure of the respective programmes (given in the admission brochure).
Do I need to do assignments to complete online degree programmes?
Each subject will have at least one mandatory assignment. This will be a graded assignment, and the student’s response will count towards their final marks.
Are there mandatory sessions?
Offline and live sessions are mandatory. To be eligible to appear for the final exams, students are required to go through at least 75% of the offline content (reading material and video lectures).
What is the evaluation & assessment pattern?
The assessment system has been conceived, developed and administered on a rigorous and fair basis to bring out the best in students and prepare them for a successful career. A student’s performance evaluation will be based on both continuous assessment (CA) and term-end examinations (TEE).
The theory part is assessed by the performance based on continuous assessment (CA) through assignments and term-end examinations (TEE). The assessment ratios of TEE to CA is 70:30. CA is based on assignments prepared by the University. TEE will comprise descriptive and multiple-choice type questions.
A student must score at least 40% in each continuous assessment and term-end examination to be declared as having passed.
Practical papers (as applicable)
The assessment in the practical part is based on performance in guided exercises (i.e., day-to-day exercises) and unguided exercises. The latter will be conducted on the last day of the practical sessions in each subject with an external examiner.
A student must score at least 40% in both the parts to be declared as having passed.
What is the examination pattern for online degrees at MUJ?
The University term-end examination (TEE) will be held digitally viz. computer-based and online proctored. Candidates can appear for the exams from the comfort of their homes.
- A laptop or desktop computer with a functioning webcam connected to the internet is required to appear for the exams.
- The details of the examination schedule will be made available in the photo admit card issued for appearing in the term-end theory examinations.
- Eligible students will be given admit cards to appear in the term-end examination.
- Students will have to produce the identity card and admit card to appear in the term-end examinations (TEE).
- The examination pattern is available in the programme guide provided to students.
Examination results will be published on the student portal. If a student fails to clear any of the papers (either in UE or IA or both), he/she has to re-appear for the relevant paper by applying to the University through the re-sitting application along with relevant fees, within the due date.
Award of Degree
On satisfying all criteria stipulated by the University, successful students will be awarded their respective programme degree by the University.
What is the minimum grade to complete the online degree programme?
Students must score at least 40% in continuous evaluation and 40% in semester-end examinations in each course to successfully complete the programme. In case the minimum score is not attained, they will need to apply for a repeat exam and improve their score to pass the course.
What is the duration of online degree programmes?
Students are required to complete the programme within the maximum period allowed for the programmes:
MBA: 4 years
BBA: 6 years
MCA: 4 years
BCA: 6 years
M.Com: 4 years
B.Com: 6 years
MA JMC: 4 years
What are the study materials given to learners of online degree programmes at MUJ?
As the degree programmes are fully online, e-learning material will be made available to students on the Learning Management System (LMS) based on the four-quadrant approach as per the UGC Regulations 2016 (Credit Framework for online learning courses through SWAYAM). E-learning study material includes (a) e-text materials; (b) video lectures; (c) audio-visual interactive material; (d) virtual classroom sessions; (e) audio podcasts; (f) virtual simulation; and (g) self-assessment quizzes or tests. Students are free to download the e-books and print them for convenience.
What is an online MA JMC?
Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication is a two-year postgraduate programme designed for future media and communication professionals. Online MA JMC is a UGC-entitled degree programme delivered in online mode with the help of internet and digital technologies. The online MA JMC at Online Manipal integrates theory and practice that empowers students to produce innovative and meaningful work in a range of media.
What is the programme structure for the MA JMC degree programme?
Online MA JMC is a two-year postgraduate degree programme. It is divided into four semesters.
Will the online MA JMC be recognised while applying for jobs?
Yes, online MCA is considered at part with regular campus programmes. MUJ’s online degree programmes are widely accepted by governments, corporate organisations, and higher education institutions for jobs, higher education, and future prospects, provided other criteria are fulfilled. MUJ offers placement assistance that focuses on skill development, resume building workshops, improving interview performance, and job fair.
What are the benefits of doing online MA JMC?
- Broader worldview
- Better job opportunities
- Improved strategic thinking
- Increased earning potential
- Effective communication skills
What are the different jobs a graduate can take up after online MA JMC?
- Journalist, Columnist
- Television & Film Director/Producer
- Content Creator
- Public Relations Professional
- Digital Marketing Specialist, and more
What is the eligibility for online MA JMC?
- Candidates must have completed graduation degree certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities required from students with foreign education to apply in any university in India
- Students & professionals holding NRE, PIO status, residing outside India and / or students & professionals who are not Indian citizens are considered ‘international students’ and are eligible to pursue MUJ’s online degree programmes. All such students & professionals will be billed an international fee for respective degrees & may need to submit documents mentioned but not limited to CV, address proof, valid visa, PR card & passport copy as part of the application process
Who can apply to MUJ’s online MA JMC?
- Junior journalists with bachelor’s degree
- Fresh graduates who wish to launch a career in media and communication field
- Media researchers
What is the course fee for online MA JMC?
The online MA JMC course fee is USD 3500 (all inclusive). You can pay USD 875 per semester.
What is the course duration for online MA JMC?
Online MA JMC is a two-year postgraduate programme, which is divided into four semesters.
What will I study in an online MA JMC programme?
The comprehensive online MA JMC programme is designed to strengthen foundation knowledge in history and analysis of social, political, cultural, economic structures and current affairs. The curriculum comprises skill enhancement courses that will give you hands-on experience in writing for new media, script and screenwriting, digital publishing, fundamentals of photography, audio-visual editing, mobile editing software, etc. You will gain expertise in news and reporting, broadcast journalism, digital media marketing, the art of storytelling, film appreciation, media law and ethics, and much more.
Why should I choose Online Manipal for online MA JMC course?
The online MA JMC course integrates theory and practice that empowers you to produce innovative and meaningful work in a range of media houses. Online Manipal provides quality mentorship, and our faculty amplifies the value of real-world insights and allows you to create your own path to success with confidence. Our pedagogy introduces real-world case studies that will enhance and develop your critical thinking skills.