Every year, India witnesses an influx of new job roles and opportunities in various sectors. While this provides ample scope for career growth, it can also be tricky to determine which jobs are in demand and how to land one. There are multiple job roles in India that are in high demand right now, and if you’re looking to make a career change or start your working life in this country, these are some of the best options to consider. Jobs in technology, engineering and management are all highly sought-after, while other popular choices include teaching and nursing. Read on for more information on job roles in demand for the future and how to get a job in top companies in India.
The Indian job market is constantly evolving, and new job roles are always cropping up. As a result, staying ahead of the curve and knowing which skills are in demand can be challenging. However, some role roles are consistently in need across all industries. Here are some of the top job roles in India, along with ways to upskill and land one of these coveted positions.
- Business Analyst: Business analysts play a vital role in any organisation, as they are responsible for understanding and improving business processes. To land a job as a business analyst, it is essential to have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Candidates with experience in data analysis and project management will be at an advantage.
- Human Resources Manager: Human resources managers are responsible for recruiting, training, and managing an organisation’s workforce. To succeed in this role, candidates must have strong soft skills and experience in HR-related functions such as payroll and benefits administration.
- IT Professional: With the rapid growth of the IT industry in India, there is always a demand for qualified IT professionals. To become an IT professional, you’ll need to complete a degree or diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology from an accredited university or institute. After completing your studies, you can look for jobs with Indian or multinational companies operating in India’s IT sector.
- Engineer: India is the world’s leading engineering and technology talent destination. You must complete an accredited engineering course to become an engineer. Many universities in India offer engineering programs, so you’ll have plenty of options to choose from.
Highest paying jobs and how to get them
While many people dream of finding the perfect job, few stop to consider the highest paying jobs and how to get them. However, knowing which positions offer the highest salaries is essential for those looking to increase their earning potential. If you’re looking to begin your career in one of these fields, it is important to focus on getting the best education and a degree from a well-known, accredited university.
Let’s look at some of the top 10 highest paying jobs in India, below:
Full-stack software developer
A full-stack developer is multi-talented when it comes to developing software applications. They are well-versed in front-end and back-end development, which means they can design and build user interfaces and write code that powers the application. In addition, full-stack developers often have a good understanding of DevOps (the process of developing, testing, and deploying software) and are comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
Many online courses can teach the skills needed to be a full-stack developer. The most important thing is to have a passion for coding and a willingness to learn new technologies. With that said, here are some steps you can take to become a full-stack developer:
- If you’re new to coding, you’ll want to start by learning the basics. Fortunately, plenty of resources are available online that can help you get started.
- Get experience building actual applications; the best way to learn full-stack development is by building applications from start to finish. This will give you first-hand experience with every aspect of the software development process and help you identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- Another good way to learn full-stack development is by working with more experienced developers who can provide guidance and feedback. If possible, try to find a mentor at your job or in your network who can help you grow as a developer. Alternatively, there are many online communities (Slack channels, forums, etc.) where full-stack developers share tips and advice; participating in these communities is a great way to learn from your peers and get feedback on your work.
- Technology is constantly changing, so there’s always something new to learn as a developer. Try to stay up-to-date on recent developments in the world of software development by reading blogs, attending conferences, or taking online courses. This will not only make you better at your job, but it will also make you more marketable as a developer.
An investment banker assists businesses in raising money by issuing and selling securities. They typically work for banks, but there is a growing number of independent firms that are also looking to hire such professionals. They help companies develop new investment ideas, negotiate loans, and advise on mergers and acquisitions. The investment banking industry is very competitive and challenging to break into. However, a few steps can increase your chances of landing a job.
- First, get a degree from a good school. Investment banks prefer to hire candidates with degrees in business or economics.
- Secondly, try to get an internship at an investment bank. This will allow you to learn about the industry and demonstrate your skills to potential employers.
- Finally, networking is essential in the investment banking industry. Get connected with as many people as possible, and attend industry events. Following these steps will increase your chances of landing a job as an investment banker.
Check out the guide to become an investment banker
A data scientist is a professional responsible for collecting, analysing, and interpreting large amounts of data. They use their skills to find trends and patterns in data sets and predict future events. Data scientists typically have a background in math and statistics, and they use this knowledge to solve real-world problems. To become a data scientist:
- One must first complete a bachelor’s degree in a field such as math or computer science.
- After completing their undergraduate studies, data scientists typically complete a Master’s program in Data Science, which gives them the skills and knowledge they need to succeed in this field.
- There are many jobs, and the steps to get these roles will vary depending on the specific position.
- However, most data scientists will need to have strong analytical skills, as well as experience working with large data sets.
- Those interested in pursuing a career in data science should consider taking courses in mathematics and statistics and classes focusing on computer science and programming. Anyone can become a successful data scientist with the right education and training.
Other related article: How to get into the Data Science industry?
A marketing manager is responsible for planning and executing marketing campaigns. They help to develop strategies that align with the company’s overall objectives. Most top-level marketing managers have a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- They also have several years of experience in marketing or a related field, such as advertising, sales, or public relations.
- In addition to experience and education, marketing managers must also have excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- They must be able to lead and motivate team members and manage budgets and timelines. Marketing managers typically report to the Vice President of Marketing or the CEO.
- To become a marketing manager, one would likely need to take on progressively more responsible roles within a marketing department over several years.
- Most companies also require that their marketing managers have at least a bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- Some large companies may even require that their marketing managers have an MBA.
Read the guide to become a marketing manager
Business analysts play a vital role in organisations by helping to identify and solve business problems. To be successful in this role, business analysts must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the following qualities:
- They must also communicate effectively with stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements.
- In terms of education, business analysts typically have a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- Many also have experience working in the business before transitioning into a business analyst role.
- Those interested in becoming business analysts should consider pursuing a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
Check this article about how to become a business analyst
A chartered accountant provides financial and tax advice to businesses and individuals. They may also be involved in auditing financial statements and providing other financial services.
- To become a chartered accountant, you must complete an accredited accounting programme and pass the Chartered Institute of Accountants (CICA) exam.
- Once you have met these requirements, you can use the title “Chartered Accountant” with your name.
- In addition to providing financial advice, chartered accountants may also be involved in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, risk management, and other business areas.
- With their deep understanding of financial principles, chartered accountants are prized members of any business team.
Machine Learning Experts
Machine learning experts are in high demand as more and more businesses look to harness the power of data. But what does a machine learning expert actually do? And how can you become one? A machine learning expert is responsible for developing and deploying algorithms that learn from data. To be successful, a machine learning expert, one needs to have strong mathematical and programming skills and a deep understanding of how machine learning algorithms work.
- If you’re interested in becoming a machine learning expert, the first step is to obtain the necessary qualifications.
- A degree in computer science or a related field is a good start, but there are also many online courses and boot camps that can teach you the basics.
- Once you have the required skill set, it’s crucial to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements in the field and keep an eye on new datasets and problem domains where machine learning could be applied.
- Finally, it’s also helpful to build a portfolio of projects showcasing your abilities. With the right skills and experience, you could soon find yourself in high demand as a machine learning expert.
Blockchain developers are responsible for developing and implementing distributed ledger technology-based solutions to business problems. They work with clients to understand their needs and then design and build blockchain applications that meet those needs.
- To become a blockchain developer, one must have strong programming skills and experience with distributed ledger technologies.
- Many online courses can teach these skills, and most blockchain developers have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- Once you have the necessary skills, you can apply for jobs at companies looking for blockchain developers. Many of these companies are startups, so you may need to be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment.
- You will also need to work effectively as part of a team, as most blockchain projects require collaboration among multiple developers.
- If you have the skills and experience required to be a successful blockchain developer, you can expect to find many opportunities in this growing field.
A Cloud Architect is responsible for designing, building, and managing an organisation’s cloud computing strategy. To succeed in this role, a Cloud Architect must deeply understand cloud technologies and how they can be used to meet an organisation’s business goals. They must also communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams.
- There are a few different ways to become a Cloud Architect. One option is to pursue a degree in computer science or another related field.
- Another option is to get experience working in IT or cloud computing roles and then transition into a Cloud Architect role. Many organisations also require Cloud Architects to have certifications from vendors such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Once someone has become a Cloud Architect, their job is to design and implement an organisation’s cloud computing strategy.
- This includes determining which applications should be migrated to the cloud, designing the architecture of the cloud environment, and setting up processes and policies for using the cloud.
- A Cloud Architect also needs to be able to manage and monitor the performance of the cloud environment. They may also be responsible for training other staff members on how to use the cloud platform.
A career in medicine can be both rewarding and challenging. Medical professionals play a vital role in the health and well-being of their patients. They may be responsible for diagnosing and treating illness, injuries, and chronic health conditions. They may also provide preventive care, including immunisations and health screenings.
- To become a medical professional, one must complete a rigorous education and training process.
- The first step is to obtain a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Once you have completed your undergraduate studies, you must obtain a medical degree from an accredited medical school.
- After graduation, you will be required to complete a residency program to receive your licence to practice medicine.
- In addition to completing your formal education and training, you will also need to pass a series of exams to become certified by the state where you wish to practice.
How online courses help you learn in-demand skills and make you job-ready
In recent years, online courses have become an increasingly popular way to learn new and job-ready skills. While traditional colleges and universities still offer a wealth of opportunities, online courses provide several advantages, especially for busy adults who may not have the time or resources to attend a traditional college or university.
- One of the most significant advantages of online courses is learning at your own pace. If you need extra time to understand a concept, you can review the material as often as you need.
- In addition, online courses often offer a more flexible schedule, allowing you to complete assignments and participate in discussion boards on your own time.
- Finally, many online courses are designed to teach in-demand skills relevant to today’s workforce.
- By taking advantage of the vast array of online learning resources, you can gain the skills you need to stand out in your field.
- Best of all, many online courses are offered at a fraction of the cost of a traditional college education.
- Whether you’re looking to learn a new programming language or brush up on your marketing skills, an online course can help you get ahead in your career. As a result, you can gain the skills and experience you need to succeed in your career.
Know why Online Manipal is your destination for quality online education
With over 250 courses across 18 academic departments, Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) offers something for everyone. Whether you’re looking to update your skills, learn a new subject, or pursue a course you’re passionate about, MUJ is the right choice. But what sets MUJ apart from other online education providers? Here are a few reasons why MUJ is your best choice for quality online education.
- First, all the courses are designed and delivered by experts in their field. The faculty members are all experienced educators committed to providing a high-quality learning experience. In addition, the courses are constantly updated to ensure that they remain relevant and exciting.
- MUJ’s online platform, Online Manipal, offers a wide range of support services to help you succeed in your studies. The student services team is available 24/7 to help you with everything from technical support to course advice. They also have a dedicated team of mentors who can provide one-on-one guidance and support.
- Finally, MUJ offers flexible payment options to suit your needs. Whether you’re looking to pay in full upfront or spread the cost over time, there is a plan that’s just right for you.
So, if you’re looking for quality online education, look no further than Online Manipal. Their expert faculty, enhanced digital learning platform, abundance of learning content, and flexible payment options will help you get the most out of your studies.
With Online Manipal, you can get the education you need without sacrificing your busy lifestyle. Check out Online Manipal’s website and explore the various graduate and postgraduate programmes and enrol for the course that best suits your requirements.
In India, there are a vast range of fantastic career opportunities for candidates with the right knowledge and skill set. By staying up-to-date with the current technologies and trends, one can get into high-paying job roles and establish a secure future. Online courses are one of the best means for anyone to earn a degree or upskilling. Many reputed universities like Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) offer UGC-entitled online degrees for students and working professionals and these degrees are valued highly by many renowned hiring companies.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Preparing for the post-Covid-19 world
Online degree courses at Manipal University Jaipur – All you need to know
Five ways to fund your education and get the management degree of your dreams
Trying to get into a top university? Here’s what you need to know
Online vs. campus learning: What should you opt for?