Are you wondering whether to get an MBA degree online? Then let’s consider the importance of online learning in today’s digital world. Unlike traditional education, virtual learning provides students and graduates various benefits and advantages.
Today most educational service providers like schools, institutions, and universities are moving online, and so is the work culture. Especially post-covid, more than 45% of the business organisations are using virtual teams and providing the employees with work opportunities like working from home and a 4-day work week. This online work culture can be a complementary advantage for virtual learning and online degrees.
Due to its flexible structure and customised learning experience, many enrol in online courses irrespective of age and location. With virtual learning, not only one can learn at their self-pace but also experience quality education with comprehensive learning experience from the top experienced faculty and recognised universities. Students looking to enrol in MBA online courses can also choose from electives like Finance, Marketing, Analytics and Data Science, which give them a specialisation in desired business fields.
An overview of MBA
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is an internationally recognised two-year professional postgraduate degree course intended to enhance the skills required in the careers related to business, entrepreneurship, management, high-tech, and other allied areas. There are various types of MBA like full-time, online, distance, executive, and integrated MBA. Admission to MBA can be either through an entrance exam or without one.
In the case of MBA admission through the exam, generally, the eligibility criterion is 50% in graduation. Aspirants can apply to their desired B-schools or universities after clearing the MBA entrance exams such as CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT, SNAP, KMAT, etc. Candidates can choose the level of entrance exam to be attempted, like national level, state level, or university level exams.
While in the case of MBA admission without entrance exams, learners can get direct admission into an eligible B-school based on the criteria laid down by the institute. Although MBA is a two-year PG course, this sometimes varies from 1 to 5 years based on the MBA type. In the case of online MBA courses, the duration can range from 1 to 3 years based on the type of university and degree.
Why choose an MBA?
MBA is a multi-faceted PG course covering skills related to various business areas like accounting, finance, HR, sales, marketing, information technology, management, etc. In comparison, master’s programmes focus only on one or more particular niche fields/areas related to a specific subject.
For example, one can opt for a Master of Commerce (M.Com) if she/he chooses to specialise in the commerce field. Likewise, one can pursue a Master of Computer Applications (MCA) for specialisation in a particular area like information technology.
MBA vs other master’s programmes
MBA is a master’s degree that provides knowledge in major areas of business administration and gives expertise in overall business management and leadership. In other master’s programmes, specialised skills related to particular topics are taught. One can choose between MBA and other master’s programmes based on career goals, specific course expectations, time availability, etc.
If you want to gain expertise in business management and administration and pursue mastery in major business areas, then an MBA might be the best bet for you. Here, let’s take a look at some of the benefits of an MBA degree.
Benefits of pursuing an MBA degree
- Effective communication and soft skills
- Gateway for senior-job positions in MNCs and top corporate organisations
- Increased job opportunities for pursuing a dream career
- Improved career opportunities and increased paychecks
- Immense career growth and scope to pursue a variety of specialisations
- Advanced leadership and entrepreneurship skills
- Exposure to overall business management and improved strategic thinking
Most in-demand MBA specialisations
While MBA is a master’s course to upskill oneself in business management and administration, one can also choose to specialise in specific business fields. These fields include finance, IT, HRM, FinTech, digital marketing, E-commerce, etc., and you can select the particular field as an elective in the MBA programme.
Let’s get familiarised with the most in-demand MBA specialisations in 2022, which provide career growth and better exposure to the dynamic business world and fluctuating markets. Choose the right MBA specialisation that aligns with your career goals and helps you pave the path for success.
Top 10 in-demand MBA specialisations list
|MBA specialisation||Short description and benefits of each specialisation||Top universities and Colleges|
|MBA Finance||For a bright career in financial management and other allied areas.||Manipal University Jaipur, Xavier Institute of Social Service, and Taxila Business School.|
|MBA Marketing||Specialised course in marketing, sales, digital marketing, online branding, personal branding, etc.||Manipal University Jaipur, Indian Institute of Digital Education, IIKM Business School, and RVS Institute Of Management Studies and Research.|
|MBA in Human Resources Management (HRM)||Easy entry into HR-related roles and a necessary career boost for talent acquisition and talent management.||Manipal University Jaipur, NMIMS, and Presidency University.|
|MBA in Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)||Lucrative position in a top bank or financial institution. Skills in business valuation, money exchange, issuing loans and credits, etc.||Manipal University Jaipur, Amrita School of Business, NDIM New Delhi, and IMT Nagpur.|
|MBA Operations Management||Critical domain across various sectors. Skills required for planning, organising, and supervising the products and services.||Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore, Ahmedabad, and Manipal University Jaipur.|
|MBA International Business||Candidates can acquire potential skills related to foreign policies, foreign investments, forex risk management, etc.||IIFT, Delhi, Kolkata, Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB), Pune.|
|MBA in IT & FinTech||Designed for aspirants who are looking to pursue skills related to IT and financial technology.||Manipal University Jaipur, and GITAM Institute of Management..|
|MBA in Supply Chain Management (SCM)||Strong management skills in supply chain logistics, back-end operations of an entity, etc.||S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research, and Amity University.|
|MBA Entrepreneurship||Popular for start-ups, venture ideas, and new venture feasibility. Financing, managing, and marketing new ventures.||NMIMS, and Amity University.|
|MBA in Analytics & Data Science||One of the in-demand domains in the digital age. Helps to analyze big data and data mining.||Manipal University Jaipur, and JAIN.|
The above-mentioned MBA specialisations are the inclusive list. Other specialisations in MBA focus on fields like Pharma and Healthcare Management, Communications Management, Artificial Intelligence, Business Management, and many more.
Arriving at the right MBA specialisation can be overwhelming and a daunting task. However, at Manipal University Jaipur, you can find the most in-demand MBA specialisations ranging from Finance, Retail Management, BFSI, HRM, and Marketing to IT & FinTech and Operations Management.
How can I enrol in an online MBA programme?
Step 1: Check your eligibility criteria and other requirements as to the qualification for the particular MBA course on the institute’s website or home page
Step 2: Go to your desired college or university’s online website for an MBA course. Find the ‘ENROL NOW’ button on the website page.
Step 3: Fill in the required details like your name, E-mail, active mobile number, and other relevant information and click the ‘SUBMIT’ button
Step 4: Find if there are any entrance tests or online aptitude tests as per admission norms to the MBA programme or as part of the application form. Attempt the same for entry into your desired college
Step 5: Keep an eye on the website page and your active email for further updates on your enrollment. Read the student experiences and alumni testimonies for better college exposure.
Requirements for admission
The first step to enrolling in any desired B-school is to check the eligibility criteria of the aspirant. Note that eligibility criteria for Indian and international students can vary in various aspects.
Eligibility criteria for Indian students
- Eligibility criteria for different types of MBA may vary depending on the MBA type.
- Candidates must have a 10+2+3-year bachelor’s degree from a recognised university or institution.
- A minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation
- Online aptitude tests, if any, must be cleared to avail entry into the desired college.
- However, candidates who have already taken entrance tests like CAT/MAT/CMAT/GMAT/XAT and have a valid score need not appear in the above aptitude test.
Eligibility criteria for International students
- Candidates must provide details like mobile number, email, name, CV, valid visa, PR card, passport copy, address proof, etc.
- Aspirants should produce a graduate certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities as required from students with foreign education to apply to any university in India.
- Any other eligibility criteria as prescribed
Again the fee structure can vary from university to university based on MBA programme type, course duration, elective type, etc.
For fee payment, one can opt for a lump sum payment for the total course or pay per semester for a more flexible payment option.
Online Manipal offers candidates flexible payment options, no-cost EMI financing options, and attractive scholarships for eligible candidates.
Is pursuing an online MBA worth it?
The beauty of online learning is that anyone from anywhere can learn the valuable cutting-edge market-relevant skills that become a part of your core competencies. Online learning is the best option and a new normal to gain a competitive edge over others and be at the top of the race. Above all, age is not a barrier in online education, where any person, regardless of age, can enrol.
Unlike in traditional education, where a candidate must commute for hours, wasting time and resources, online learning needs a laptop/phone/computer/tab with an internet connection. Just pop open the device and learn from anywhere, anytime. Sometimes, universities also provide classes at low bandwidth connections to benefit various students.
Advantages of pursuing an online MBA
- The flexible learning environment for better time management and time prioritisation. No strict timetable.
- Self-paced learning with industry leaders and reputed and experienced teachers. Customised learning experience.
- Cost-effective and easily accessible platforms.
- Various live doubt-solving sessions and practice tests.
- The immersive learning experience with hands-on practical experements.
- Better connections with students and alumni all over the different parts of the world.
- Improved virtual communication and leadership skills.
- It gets you future-ready for online work or work from home.
- E-materials, career counselling, and placement assistance.
- Advanced digital learning platform and dedicated course mentors.
- No unnecessary commutes and travelling.
- Same or even enhanced learning experience as in the case of on-campus education.
- Repeated times of learning to hone the required skills and knowledge.
In various aspects, online or virtual learning modes are far better than traditional ones. Considering the dynamic environment in the current business world and emerging technologies, it can be noted that even in-demand skills are becoming obsolete quickly, which calls for acquiring various skills related to emerging trends in no time. For this, online education assists a lot.
Get online MBA from Online Manipal
The online MBA degree programme at Manipal University Jaipur is one of the best MBA online courses, with unique features and a student-friendly approach. It is one of the top universities recognised and accredited by UGC, NAAC (A+), AICTE, and many more top councils.
Features and electives of online MBA course at Online Manipal
- A business education to get future-proof and future-ready.
- Various online education benefits and enhanced digital platform equipped with hours of quality digital content, online quizzes, online proctored practice exams from the safety and comfort of your home, e-tutorials, learning videos, etc., all from experienced and reputed faculty.
- 24 months or two years online MBA programme with just dedicated 15-20 hrs/wk.
- Four semesters, each curated and designed to transform you into an effective leader and acquire the most in-demand skills.
- Various programme benefits and improved job opportunities.
- Flexible programme fee structure along with easy payment options, financing options, and scholarships for eligible candidates.
- Most in-demand MBA specialisations are available in specific fields and elective topics like Finance, Marketing, HRM, Analytics & Data Science, Retail Management, BFSI, IT & FinTech, Operations Management, and many more.
- Governments, and corporate organisations widely accept online MBA certifications from MUJ.
For the best and most rewarding career, opt for the best courses. Manipal University Jaipur offers an online MBA programme and in-demand MBA specialisations for fast growth in your career. Also, explore other top courses and online degrees like BBA, BCA, MCA, B.Com, M.Com, PGCP LSC, PGCP CC, PGCP BA, MSC-BA, MSC-DS, and many more sought-after courses for acquiring the in-demand and cutting-edge skills.
Explore top MBA specialisations curated just for you only at Manipal University Jaipur. Why wait when you can enrol by clicking the ‘ENROL NOW‘ button on the website and give a kick start to your career.