How to start your own fashion brand
Are you ready to start your fashion brand? If so, there’s no time like the present. Fashion is a multi-billion dollar industry that’s only growing—and it’s easier than ever to get in the game.
You’ll need a few things before selling clothes, though. You’ll need a logo, a website where people can buy your stuff, and, most importantly, some actual garments!
Congratulations if you already have these things set up and ready to go! You’re on your way to becoming a successful fashion entrepreneur. If not, keep reading for more information about what makes up a successful fashion brand after an MBA in Fashion Management.
Want to know the advantages of doing an MBA in Fashion Management? Check out our blogs on fashion management advantages for more detailed information.
Steps to starting your fashion brand
To start your fashion brand, you must know a few things before jumping in headfirst.
- Develop a business plan
Whatever your fashion brand is, the first step is always to develop a business plan. Your business plan should include the following planning factors:
- A description of your business, its goals, and values
- A description of the products and services you’ll offer, including details on pricing and distribution channels
- An analysis of your competition and a plan for how you will compete with them
- A breakdown of projected costs, revenue, and financial projections for the next three years
- Identify your target audience
First, you need to identify your target audience. Are you targeting women, men, or children? What age range of people will be interested in the products you’re selling?
It’s easy to find out who your audience is. You can use tools like Google Analytics or Facebook Analytics to see which demographic groups are visiting your website or social media pages. You may also ask friends and family members which segment of people they believe will be interested in your products.
Want to know more about the career prospects of an MBA in fashion management? Check out our blog on career prospects in Fashion Management for more information.
- Choose a catchy brand name and logo
The next step to starting your fashion brand is to develop a name and logo that will set you apart from the competition. The name should be short, recognizable, and easy for customers to remember and associate with your brand.
An excellent way to come up with a catchy brand name is by brainstorming with friends or family members (or even strangers!) or getting in touch with an MBA in Fashion Management specialist. You can also use naming websites like DomainTools or BrandStation to help you find available domain names before purchasing them. These platforms can determine if someone else has already grabbed one of your top picks.
Once you’ve settled on a few potential names, look at what logos they would pair well with. Then, try designing some yourself using tools like Canva or Adobe Illustrator!
- Pick the correct pricing
It’s easy to feel lost when you’re just starting, trying to figure out how much money you can make by selling your products and whether or not it will be enough to cover your overhead costs. Hence, you must pick the right price for your product and brand before spiraling. Different factors go into picking the right price for your product, including:
- The cost of materials and labor
- The quality and quantity of materials used
- Whether there are other similar products on the market with similar pricing
- How much time has gone into making each item?
- Market your product creatively
When starting a fashion brand, you must consider what comes before and after the clothes: the marketing, the branding, and the image you want to project. Use mediums like social media marketing, online presence, contests or giveaways for customers and bloggers, and other ways of getting your name out there.
Want to know the experience required to get an MBA? Check out our blog on experience for MBA for more information.
Best degree to pursue before you launch your fashion brand
An MBA in Fashion Management will give you a solid foundation in business strategy—allowing you to make informed decisions about everything from product development to marketing plans. You’ll also learn about financial management and accounting—which are essential skills when it comes to running any company.
In addition, a fashion management course will provide specialized training on topics like retail management, supply chain management, and brand strategy.
Want to know more about MBA in Fashion Management course? Check our blog for further information.
Pursue an online MBA in Fashion Management through Online Manipal
The fashion management course is a two-year full-time program that aims to impart knowledge on all aspects of the fashion industry. The course covers all sectors of the fashion value chain and provides students with complete exposure to the various roles involved in the industry. This fashion management course also helps them understand how these roles are interlinked and work together towards achieving a common goal.
The MBA in Fashion Management course has been designed keeping in mind the current trends and demands of today’s market, which include:
- Fashion Merchandising & Marketing Management
- Fashion Communication Management
- Fashion Designing & Styling
- Fashion Retailing & Buying Management
- Fashion Merchandising Systems & Operations Management
- Design for Digital Product Development Management
Want more detailed information on Online Manipal courses? Check out this blog for more detailed information about the reasons to choose an MBA.
The following are a few prominent career prospects after an MBA in Fashion Management:
|Career prospects||Salary offered|
|Fashion Product Manager||INR 16 LPA|
|Marketing Manager||INR 24 LPA|
|Fashion Promotion Professional||INR 17 LPA – INR 45 LPA|
|Marketing Consultant||INR 8 LPA|
|Personal Stylist||INR 6.8 LPA|
|Customer Relation Manager||INR 6.3 LPA|
|Fashion Manager||INR 4.3 LPA|
Pursuing an online MBA in Fashion Management is a great way to build your resume and gain the expertise needed to succeed in the fashion industry. With MAHE’s flexible curriculum, you can work around your schedule and still get the education you need to advance your career.
- Firstly, you will need a logo for your fashion brand. This will be the foundation of your brand, so make sure it’s something you can stand behind for the long haul.
- The second factor is a website. The right website can be the difference between whether or not someone buys from you or not, so make sure it’s professional and easy to navigate.
- Thirdly, you need an online store. If you’re planning on selling online, it’s essential that people can see what they’re buying without having to leave their browser window!
- Finally, you will need a social media account. It would help if you had a presence on social media to build up a following and get people interested in what you’re doing.
Information related to companies and external organizations is based on secondary research or the opinion of individual authors and must not be interpreted as the official information shared by the concerned organization.
Additionally, information like fee, eligibility, scholarships, finance options etc. on offerings and programs listed on Online Manipal may change as per the discretion of respective universities so please refer to the respective program page for latest information. Any information provided in blogs is not binding and cannot be taken as final.
Enroll with us
Interested to join our courses?
Share your details and we'll get back to you.
Become future-ready with our online MBA program for working professionalsKNOW MORE