Admin | February 22, 2022
MBA – Master of Business Administration is a postgraduate degree program that gives the knowledge about Management studies in different fields like finance, business, human resource, to name a few by various theoretical and practical training to understand different aspects of business management. An MBA degree helps you to climb up your career ladder into a managerial position and adds value to your resume. AN MBA degree additionally opens new career opportunities in various fields. It helps for better collaboration with the companies.
How to choose an MBA program:
How to choose an MBA program? A common question that is on top of everyone who wants to pursue an MBA. Before getting into how to choose an MBA, let’s discuss what are the prerequisites to get an MBA degree.
- If you are aspiring for an MBA, you must have completed a basic undergraduate degree in any stream.
- You must clear an entrance exam CAT/MAT/GMAT. While CAT (Common Admission Test) is the most sought-after entrance for MBA, a great GMAT (Graduate Management Aptitude Test) score can also add value to your application.
- While entrance tests are required for a regular MBA, the rules might differ according to the college for a distance and online MBA. Most colleges prefer a simple entrance test for distance and online MBA.
Once the prerequisites are taken care of, first it is vital to define a goal for which you want to pursue an MBA degree. It can be to get better career prospects or to climb up your career ladder into managerial positions or it can be for a switch in the career field. Once a goal is defined, based on the time and your availability you can choose to pursue an MBA on a regular basis or distance or an online MBA. Deceive your field of specialization according to your preferred field of study. Following are the commonly available specializations of MBA:
- HRM (Human Resource Management)
- Analytics & Data Science
- Operations Management
Different types of MBA :
MBA degrees in India can be acquired in three ways, A regular MBA, distance or correspondence education, and an online MBA. Let’s discuss each type and its aspects:
- Regular MBA:
A regular MBA is a 2-year degree program, which requires you to be physically present in the college for the course timing. However, in the current scenario of pandemics, you will be required to attend the online classes and exams as per the college’s schedule. You can apply for a regular MBA if you are continuing your studies after your undergraduate degree and/or if you are a working professional, you must be able to leave the job and study full time. A regular MBA provides you with a chance to intern.
- Distance / Correspondence MBA:
As the name suggests, a distance MBA course in India gives you the flexibility to have your job and learn parallelly. Most colleges have a minimum day of attendance requirement like 2 or 3 days weekly to complete the course. In the current scenario, you must attend an online class on the scheduled day and time. The course duration may vary anywhere from 2.5 yrs to 3 yrs based on the college. Any working professional who can spare a few days a week can take up the correspondence MBA.
- Online MBA:
An online MBA in India helps you to learn and finish the course at your own pace. It is the most flexible and viable way for MBA learning. An online MBA helps you to study and finish your course at your pace and also gives you access to any college from any geographical location. It also provides career guidance from industry experts as they can connect from their palace of convenience.
Regular MBA vs Distance MBA vs Online MBA:
Each mode of MBA has its own advantages and disadvantages. It will cater to your different needs/ requirements. However, when a question of which is better distance or regular MBA or online MBA, considering the perks and flexibility, online mBA is the best option. Here’s why:
- An online MBA allows you to network with people and industry experts from other countries
- It allows you to finish the course at your pace
- While pursuing an online MBA, you can retain your job as it just requires time management from your side.
- An online MBA helps you to upgrade your career as is in your current job and also opens new venues in different fields.
- If you are looking to restart your career, an online MBA can help you get the required launchpad into the management and business field.
We at MUJ have an online Manipal plus program, an exclusive online campus for online MBA, and other online postgraduate programs. Our Online MBA program is open for both Indian and foreign students. We bring in our best industry experts in the virtual classes to enlighten our students with an enriching experience. A robust LMS helps our students to keep a tab of their progress and helps them achieve their goals easier.