Top online MBA programmes for working professionals
- A master of business administration (MBA) programme offers both theoretical and practical training in company or investment management.
- Graduates can better understand general company management functions with an MBA.
- There are many kinds of MBAs, including full-time, two-year, one-year, part-time, online, executive, and specialised programmes.
Candidates wanting to pursue an MBA are often already employed and want to improve their management capabilities to change careers or start their own firm. However, some students might believe that after completing their diploma, they must find employment. But a master’s degree is also necessary to succeed in this cutthroat environment.
Online and distance MBA for working professionals have become more popular as a solution to this issue. You can now earn a master’s degree while you are working, thanks to online learning with reliable online courses offered by reputed institutes like Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE).
Start your career with an online MBA programme
The MBA programme is a master’s level programme that lasts two years and is available in various specialisations, whether you choose online or remote learning. As the University Grants Commission (UGC) has recognised online at par with on-campus learning, it holds great value.
It is crucial to highlight that while all of these programmes are equally respectable, some believe that a traditional MBA holds more value than an online MBA or a distance MBA course. They are distinct and produce entirely different experiences depending on their goals and method of delivery.
How is an online MBA different from a distance MBA?
Multiple colleges are offering various MBA programmes all over the world, but before choosing one, applicants must understand how these programmes differ from one another and find the best MBA for working professionals.
|Characteristic||Online MBA||Distance MBA|
|Programme delivery||Everything from classes to homework to projects to tests are done online.||Students receive their study materials by post, but the exams are conducted offline.|
|Networking||Through discussion boards on their LMS, students have the chance to interact with their fellow students and instructors. Live classes, Virtual webinars, interactive workshops, and alumni gatherings are also available.||There is no proper interaction between the MBA students and instructors or even among the students because there are no mandatory classes.|
|Exposure||Online MBA offers exposure through frequent webinars and live classes, and interactive meetings with experienced professionals from the sector, veterans, and alumni.||The learning is limited in terms of exposure because there are no formal industrial or field trips included in distance learning for MBAs.|
|Placement||Universities offer a range of services for job placement and career guidance. Placement drives are organised by reputed colleges.||With a distance MBA, there is no set placement procedure, so you must conduct your job search.|
|Application procedure||The admissions procedure is straightforward and entirely online. Simply fill out the application form, provide documents for verification, pay the fees, and you may begin your study.||For a distance MBA, the application process is substantially easier. You only need to complete the application, pay the course cost, and you’ll be admitted directly to the distance MBA programme.|
|Fee||The range is INR 2 lakhs-6 lakhs.||Less than INR 1 lakh.|
|Duration||Some MBA degrees are 1 year long, while some are for 2 years. You may, however, study at your own pace.||The minimum course length is two years. However, you have the choice of finishing the degree in 2–5 years.|
|Curriculum||The conventional MBA curriculum is followed, including both academic and practical instruction.||The distance MBA curriculum is fairly condensed.|
|Guidelines for teaching||Incredibly adaptable learning and teaching environment. Flexibility with regards to showing up to class, planning and administering tests, and turning in assignments. Additionally, everything takes place online via a learning management system (LMS).||There is a set schedule for offline tests, however, the testing location and the assignment submission process are flexible.|
Why should working professionals consider an online MBA?
The disadvantages of traditional and distant MBAs have made online MBA for working professionals highly popular in recent years. Here’s why working professionals prefer an online MBA degree.
- You can study anywhere, anytime, and learn at your own pace.
- Additionally, if you cannot attend live classes, you have access to recorded lectures that you may watch whenever suits your schedule and as often as you like.
- Through webinars and online live meetings, you get the chance to digitally communicate with top-tier industry professionals.
- The advantage of taking your tests online is that you can plan your tests according to your schedule.
- Online programmes are relatively affordable, and you can save on other costs like the price of moving to a new place, living expenditures, or the cost of daily college commutes.
- Live projects are planned so that the students can gain real-world experience. Due to the availability of many career support services, the project is carried out virtually but effectively.
What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing an Online MBA at MAHE?
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) offers a two-year MBA programme for working professionals. Before applying, candidates must meet the MAHE MBA admissions requirements. The selection process for MAHE’s online MBA programme will be based on each applicant’s performance on several national-level entrance exams.
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative GPA of 50%.
- One year of work experience in reputed organisations
- Graduates must hold a bachelor’s degree recognised by Association of Indian Universities with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade.
- Candidates must have completed a graduation degree certificate of equivalence from the Association of Indian Universities required for students from foreign education to apply in any university in India.
- Students & professionals holding NRE, PIO status, residing outside India and/ or students & professionals who are not Indian citizens are considered ‘international students’ and are eligible to pursue MAHE’s online degree programmes. All such students & professionals will be billed an international fee for respective degrees & may need to submit documents mentioned but not limited to CV, address proof, valid visa, PR card & passport copy as part of the application process.
- One year of work experience in reputed organisations
Is it necessary to have prior work experience to pursue an online MBA?
Most programmes demand job experience, which is a foundation for the competencies and expertise you develop while earning your MBA.
Work experience is commonly defined as a job that you have held on a part- or full-time basis after receiving your undergraduate degree, but some schools may also count volunteer work, pre-graduation employment, and internships as work experience.
Here why working professionals must opt for an online MBA degree.
- Better job opportunities
While your counterparts with significant work experience can aspire for a better designation and a bigger signing bonus, if you have an MBA in hand, you will end up in high-level positions, since you have enhanced your knowledge and acquired skills during the programme.
- Enhanced output at work
Learners who have work experience of a year or two have more direction while pursuing their MBAs. This gives them the space to build on the business programmes in the curriculum that they are learning and helps them implement them in a more immediate sense.
- Saves money
One of the biggest advantages of an online MBA degree is that you can study while you earn. Moreover, online MBA degrees are more affordable that on-campus degrees, which makes them more desirable.
- Prepares you for the competition
In case you weren’t aware, your experience in a business school will be very different from your time in college. It is more competitive and advanced. You may improve your profile by having work experience, giving you an advantage over your classmates who haven’t had a job.
You thoroughly understand the employment market, how to survive in a competitive climate, and how to contribute to a business’s profit-making plans. After you’ve held a position, remember that earning a business degree also involves developing some crucial soft skills like networking, coordination, delegation, and management.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: Is an MBA worth it for working professionals?
If you are working as a professional, then you have two choices. Either you quit your job to enrol in an MBA for working professionals in India, or you can continue working while enrolling in an online or distance MBA programme based on your preferences and interests.
Online Manipal is an ideal platform for online learning, where you can pursue in-demand degrees from top universities. Online programmes designed by Manipal Academy Of Higher Education (MAHE) are cost-effective and will give you a hassle-free experience. The courses provide you with up-to-date learning and ensure that your skills are not only updated but also highly industry-relevant.
Enrol with us
Interested to join our courses?
Share your details and we'll get back to you.
Explore our online programs to become future-readyKNOW MORE