Online Manipal Editorial Team | August 22, 2022
Management has been a popular professional discipline in India. Having a decent career in management is as prestigious as achieving professional success in the fields of law, engineering, medicine, commerce, and other science domains.
To have a successful management career, you must set your goals early in life. Start looking for institutes offering degrees in business administration the moment you finish school. Getting yourself enrolled for a BBA degree is the best way of beginning your management career.
How completing a management degree can help you in shaping your career?
If you have a degree in management, your chances of getting and holding a management position will be much higher. That’s the reason why many working professionals are joining MBA or online BBA course despite having a fixed day job.
Completing a management programme will strengthen your resume. It will let your employer know that you are ready to take up important jobs.
Having a management degree opens up great career opportunities even for freshers. They can join companies as a finance manager, human resource manager, business consultant, marketing manager, information systems manager, etc.
Are you a self-employed individual? Completing a programme in management will be helpful for business owners or people looking to set up their own businesses.
If you are currently working for someone else, starting your own business would be a major lifestyle change for you. Getting a management degree will make that change smoother. The programme will teach you everything from business communications and business ethics to conducting interviews and managing daily operations.
If you are joining your family business, having a management degree will help you increase the company’s productivity. The programme will teach you several techniques and methods of managing emergencies, which will protect your business from incurring major losses.
Learn management concepts and practices with a BBA programme
The last decade has seen the study of Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA undergo major modifications. More and more students are showing their interest in the programme thanks to the phenomenal career opportunities the BBA graduates are getting.
If you get yourself enrolled for the online BBA programme at Manipal University Jaipur, the best university for BBA with an A+ NAAC ranking, you will acquire management skills at an early stage of your career. The online degree is not just useful for people looking to develop entrepreneurial skills. Getting the degree will also help people to excel in fields like finance, information systems, marketing, and international business.
What’s a BBA programme?
BBA is a professional programme and is meant to educate students about core business functions. This online BBA degree is a three-year programme that will make you study a wide array of topics.
Completing the programme from a top institution will help you develop major business skills like communication skills, leadership skills, decision-making skills, critical thinking skills, and more. You will be able to implement these acquired skills when donning the hat of an entrepreneur or manager.
How BBA will help you in management career?
As workplaces evolve rapidly in a post-pandemic world, BBA programmes equip graduates with the necessary training and tools to enter the corporate world with zeal.
BBA students are exposed to all the core business functions such as marketing, finance, human resources and operations, as well as the key soft skills needed to succeed in the world of business. Contemporary subjects such as e-commerce, retail management and data analytics too are in focus. BBA programmes from top colleges are delivered via app-based, byte-sized content that is interactive and engaging. One can log on anytime and learn on the go.
Read more – Why do an BBA course?
Focus on entrepreneurship
While job opportunities are a central prospect, the programme also offers entrepreneurship as a study area to help graduates understand all aspects of starting a business. Those who have their eyes set on starting up or working for an emerging startup, receive an insight into the entire business cycle. This course is also relevant for those who are keen to learn the ropes of their family business.
ALSO READ: Career for commerce students – BBA or B.Com
Why is an online BBA the best degree for learning Business Administration?
If you want to learn the nitty-gritty of business administration when starting your career, you should get a BBA degree. The section below talks about the most significant reasons behind this recommendation.
- You will develop leadership skills: Operating as a business professional or playing the role of a manager can be challenging if you are young. Completing the BBA degree online will prepare you well for adorning the position of a leader. The online degree programme is designed for bringing out the leadership skills of students. It helps them to see situations and events from the perspective of a manager or business owner.
- You will be more confident: The BBA online degree programme is not only about studying a few books and gaining some knowledge about project management. The online degree will also help you develop your personality. The degree will help you to become a confident, strong individual who can manage teams and run a business seamlessly. You will learn how to be a good team player as well as an efficient team leader.
- You will develop skills important for your company: The programme addresses various core business functions like decision-making, strategy creation, finance, etc. It also teaches core subjects such as business strategy, market trends, organisation behaviour, entrepreneurship development, e-commerce, capital management, etc. If you get your BBA degree from a top institution, you will also learn to use management information systems effectively.
- Your decision-making skills will improve: Our online BBA degree helps students in getting a panoramic view of the world of business. They get in-depth knowledge of business and economics. All these allow them to predict possible outcomes of different strategies more efficiently and accurately. When one can predict the consequences of various plans and policies, he or she automatically becomes a better decision-maker.
- You will be a perfect candidate for getting an MBA degree: If you have pursued this online BBA degree, you will get easy access to do an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree. A student is allowed to do an MBA irrespective of whether he or she has done BBA. However, no other programme can build a solid foundation for MBA the way BBA does. Unlike other degree programmes, BBA will introduce you to management topics that an MBA programme will teach you elaborately.
- You will have great career opportunities: Once you complete your BBA degree online, you will be greeted with great job opportunities. This stands true irrespective of the fact whether you are getting an online BBA degree or joining a regular BBA degree programme. If you are hard-working, you can expect to climb the career ladder rapidly. You may reach the position of manager or team leader in just three to four years.
Career prospects after BBA
Graduates have wide career options after BBA, based on interests and strengths. They can work literally across any sector in sales, marketing, branding, finance, HR and operations roles. They can also pursue opportunities in digital agencies and PR, as well as specialised areas such as retail management, which is a core study area in the best online BBA programmes.
Salary expectations after BBA
Entry-level average salary for BBA graduates in India is INR 25,256 per month, and many companies tend to hire graduates who shine and show enterprise during their internships. Placement assistance such as support on how to write resumes and leverage social media for personal branding and job search are covered by the best online BBA degree.
Eligibility criteria for BBA course
Online BBA degrees accept students from all streams – science, arts or commerce – as long as they have completed Class 12 from a recognised board or university. The minimum eligibility criteria can vary from institute to institute. Typically, institutes host their own entrance exam that is followed up by an interview and a group discussion.
Choosing the right programme
The institution that you choose plays a key role in your career path. Make sure that the institution you choose comes with a strong management legacy, has legitimate accreditation, and the degree is offered by a recognised university. Speaking to alumni can also offer a good insight into the quality of the programme and its reputation in the corporate world.
Students are advised to review the curriculum and understand if it includes exposure to all traditional functions of management, as well as areas like data science, entrepreneurship and communication skills.
Fortunately, Manipal University Jaipur, an institute backed by a 67 year-legacy of educational excellence, is offering online BBA. If you’re in any confusion, talking to an alumnus about the influence of this institution might put those worries to rest.
Read more – How to choose best college for BBA
You can experience the above benefits of getting a BBA degree only if it’s offered by a renowned university. The efficacy of the programme will increase even further if you can complete it as a working professional. However, for that, you will need to look for a reliable university offering online degrees. One of the top universities to offer an online BBA programme is Manipal University Jaipur.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Preparing for the post-Covid-19 world
Online degree courses at Manipal University Jaipur – All you need to know
Five ways to fund your education and get the management degree of your dreams
Trying to get into a top university? Here’s what you need to know
Online vs. campus learning: What should you opt for?