Admin | August 11, 2021 5 Min Read
Placement will definitely be one of the key points you look for when you enrol in a college or explore online degree courses. Universities and colleges that offer placement assistance give you a better chance of finding jobs in major companies. Moreover, colleges that have a good placement record provide training in interview techniques, soft skills and lots more to improve your chances of getting placed.
Why should you enrol in a university with great placement assistance?
There are many ways you will benefit by enrolling in a university that offers placement assistance. So, even if by any chance you’re not able to get placed during campus interviews, you will have the confidence to face interviews outside the campus. A good placement cell will also help students in the following areas:
- Soft skills training: Soft skills and aptitude are essential for any work environment. Companies prefer candidates who have relevant soft skills such as communication, cognitive skills, logical thinking, reasoning skills, and lots more. One of the key responsibilities of a placement cell is to train students in time management techniques, problem solving, critical reasoning, logical reasoning, verbal reasoning, analytical thinking, and communication.
- Personality development: Personality and attitude are two of the most crucial aspects that prospective employers will evaluate. The placement cell of universities organizes personality development workshops and programs. These programs are designed to train students to deal with various possible scenarios that could arise in the workplace.
- Group discussions: The placement cell conducts mock group discussions that help students learn how to express themselves, speak in a group, and talk about various subjects and current affairs. These mock discussions will also help improve communication skills.
- Interview preparation: A key role of a placement cell is to prepare students for the actual interview. They do this by conducting numerous rounds of mock interviews. Students will be taught about dress codes, body language, and other interview techniques. The placement staff will also give you career advice based on your skills and abilities.
- Resume writing assistance: The resume creates the first impression in the minds of prospective employers. To ensure that your resume gets selected, it needs to be neatly organized and presented. A part of placement assistance also includes support for the creation and management of profiles on professional networking sites.
How does a university help in honing new skills?
Universities, these days, are shifting from traditional degree programs to industry-relevant degree programs. These courses are designed based on the latest developments in various industries. Also, the curriculum is more application-oriented than theory-based. All these improvements will help students prepare for their careers. Moreover, universities conduct workshops, conferences, training programs, and lots more to make students job-ready.
In order to build a good career in a field of your choice, you need to study a relevant course from a reputed university. Manipal University Jaipur offers regular and online degree courses in business and computer applications. Our MBA online degree program has the same credibility and value as their offline business courses. Manipal University Jaipur is a NAAC A+ accredited and UGC recognised institute that has both online degrees and professional courses.
Drop a mail to email@example.com for more details about the online degree courses offered by Manipal University Jaipur.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Preparing for the post-Covid-19 world
Online degree courses at Manipal University Jaipur – All you need to know
Five ways to fund your education and get the management degree of your dreams
Trying to get into a top university? Here’s what you need to know
Are online degree courses & regular offline courses of the same value?