What to do after B.Com: Know your options
The key to a successful professional life after pursuing B.Com is choosing the right higher education and job profile following that. A common question arises among pursuers is what to do after B.Com. Before getting into what to do after B.Com, it is important to understand what this course allows you to learn—developing and imparting written and oral communication, statistical skills, information technology and legal knowledge.
Acquiring essential skills for your career path
- Communication skills: As a manager, you must be an effective communicator to excel in this field. Since managing clients, holding internal meetings, and giving boardroom presentations are some of the top-shelf roles here, a good set of communication skills is useful to a large extent. This skill is best judged during individual interviews and group work as well.
- Financial analysis skills: If you decide to work in corporate finance, investment banking or other major financial roles, knowledge of financial analysis is a must-have. A B.Com degree provides training in various financial markets like derivative and investment and portfolio management.
- Analytical skills: Analyzing accounts and business data and interpreting that data to help make suitable important decisions are some of the key roles of this field. Analytical skills play a major role in this field, and you must sharpen and constantly work on them.
- Problem-solving skills: As mentioned in the above-required skills, it is safe to say that problem-solving skill and efficiency is the mightiest weapon in this field. Every aspect of commerce requires an effective problem-solving nerve that sees a way out of a problem by analyzing and interpreting speculations based on data.
What to do after B.Com in terms of higher education
To achieve the most of what the field of commerce offers, pursuing higher studies post-completion of B.Com is the ideal option. It is up to you to choose the specialization stream and move forward in that direction career-wise.
- Master of Commerce (M.com): M.Com is a two year long program offered by Manipal University Jaipur through Online Manipal. This online postgraduate course is ideal if you want to nudge your career path towards banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), accounting and commerce. This program available on by Online Manipal takes a deep dive into the functioning of the economy, revenue and capital, trade and taxes, to name a few. M.Com is a specialized course which is advised to students who have completed B.Com.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): MBA provides conceptual and pragmatic business or investment management training. An MBA is designed and cultivated to help you better understand principal business management functions. An MBA program customarily includes core classes and management training, with a spotlight on leadership, planning, business strategy, and organizational behavior, lined with the more human sides of running a business, regardless of its scale. Manipal University Jaipur is equipped with the best curriculum in this field, and one can pursue this comprehensive online MBA program through Online Manipal.
What to do after B.Com in terms of career options
- Chartered Accountancy (CA): A chartered accountant is an accounting professional, in simple words. After receiving certification from a statutory body, you handle taxation and business accounting matters. You can also offer professional advisory services to your clients for effective decision-making.
- Company Secretary (CS): A Company Secretary is the company’s compliance officer and in-house legal expert. Some mixed abilities involve corporate laws, securities laws, corporate governance, and capital market expertise. You become a multidisciplinary professional who renders services in diverse areas regarding the requirement.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): A profession recognized globally; the title of a Chartered Financial Analyst is achieved by passing three levels of examination. These examinations cover accounting, economics, money management, security analysis, and ethics.
- Business Accounting & Taxation (BAT): The focus here is business accounting, financial modeling, budget predictions, and their application in corporate scenarios. A deep understanding of the taxation systems, payroll rules, and other economic fundamentals will be bestowed on you in this field.
You can pursue your career in B.Com with the best curriculum offered by Manipal University Jaipur, through Online Manipal. The online B.Com program by MUJ equips you with the skills and knowledge required to excel in this field. Enroll wit Online Manipal and climb the ladder of success!
Information related to companies and external organizations is based on secondary research or the opinion of individual authors and must not be interpreted as the official information shared by the concerned organization.
Additionally, information like fee, eligibility, scholarships, finance options etc. on offerings and programs listed on Online Manipal may change as per the discretion of respective universities so please refer to the respective program page for latest information. Any information provided in blogs is not binding and cannot be taken as final.
Enroll with us
Interested to join our courses?
Share your details and we'll get back to you.
Explore our online programs to become future-readyKNOW MORE