Top data science-related job roles in Amazon
- At Amazon, the hiring procedure for a data scientist is comparable to that at other IT firms. Through a preliminary phone interview, the Amazon interview process involves both technical and behavioral screening.
- An applicant has to have a Ph.D. in machine learning, data analysis, statistics, etc., to be considered for a position as a data scientist at Amazon. Their arithmetic prowess will be just as important as their programming abilities.
- One of the top locations for data scientists to work is Amazon, which offers reasonable compensation and exciting career prospects.
The data scientist represents a new breed of analytical data specialists who play a crucial role in modern businesses: mathematicians and computer scientists from the exclusive group that controls the big data industry. Massive amounts of unstructured data are a reality for modern businesses, and they have the potential to be a gold mine if mined correctly.
Amazon is widely considered a top employer thanks to its attractive salary and benefits packages in the data science field. Amazon’s rapid growth results from its ability to anticipate and fulfill its customers’ requirements. A business of any size can gain something from Amazon’s marketing strategy.
Worldwide, the need for data scientists has increased dramatically. Read this post to discover the ins and outs of becoming a data scientist at Amazon. If you’re interested in working with massive datasets (terabytes or more) or learning the skills necessary to handle data for Amazon, this post is for you. Do you know that among the top 3 firms sought after by Data Scientists, Amazon ranks highly?
Why is Amazon the best place for a data science career?
Amazon is ranked 2 on the Fortune 500 and has annual sales of $502 billion, making it one of the world’s largest online retailers. Its revenues have doubled during the past four years. It’s an early adopter in online shopping and has had phenomenal growth.
Thrilled by the prospect of using the information to create an objective, reasoned answer to pressing business issues? Data scientists bridge the gap between Amazon’s business and technical departments by transforming and modeling massive information to reveal actionable business insights for Amazon’s stakeholders.
Data science job roles in Amazon
One of the primary functions of business intelligence is to help companies plan for the future and identify promising avenues of expansion. It also entails giving in-depth, well-reasoned business advice. Data science and data warehousing solutions like Tableau are required for these responsibilities.
For those with 1 to 5 years of experience, the average Amazon Data Analyst salary is INR 5.3 Lakhs. The average annual compensation of a Data Analyst at Amazon India is between INR 2.6 Lakhs and INR 15.1 Lakhs. Estimated wages at Amazon India are based on the salaries reported by 539 Amazon India employees on AmbitionBox.
As part of the data science process, a data scientist may employ various methods, resources, and technology. They determine which combinations will yield the quickest and most accurate solutions based on the nature of the situation.
Data scientists at Amazon have varying tasks that change as the company grows and changes. They usually follow the data science approach, although with some variation in the specifics. To ensure the data science approach is followed from beginning to finish, and business goals are met, a data scientist may collaborate with other analysts, engineers, machine learning experts, and statisticians on bigger data science teams.
For those with one to ten years of experience, the average Amazon Data Scientist pay is INR 27.7 Lakhs. Amazon India pays its data scientists a salary of between INR 9.0 Lakhs to INR 50.0 Lakhs per year.
Data Science Manager
The data science manager’s job is to aid the business in maximizing its use of data by collaborating with the data science and engineering teams to give strategic oversight and support data-driven product, growth, and user engagement choices.
An average yearly income of 46.0 Lakhs is paid to Data Science Managers, ranging from 16.2 Lakhs to 51.0 Lakhs. These figures are based on the wages of 476 individuals holding the position of data science manager.
Those in the field of applied science are committed to utilizing a worldwide database in their research. An enormous amount of information is collected, and the researchers’ efforts are concentrated on creating realistic simulations that can serve as a proxy for the actual data. The only goal of these simulations is to play around with different kinds of data. The average annual compensation for an Applied Scientist at Amazon is Rs 10,53,524. At Amazon, Applied Scientist salaries can go from 7,99,662 up to 15,14,830.
Machine Learning Research Scientist
Research scientists are primarily responsible for integrating AI into the business infrastructure. Here are some real-world applications of AI:
- The Study of Language in Humans
- In-Depth Learning
- Assigning a product to a certain user
- The goal is to provide a better experience for the user
Researchers qualified for this position typically have in-depth expertise in artificial intelligence, are well-known in their profession, and often hold doctorates in related fields. The annual income for a Machine Learning Scientist – Big Data/NLP is, on average, 15.0 Lakhs, with a range from 5.0 Lakhs to 52.0 Lakhs.
The engineering team at Amazon is responsible for creating cutting-edge innovations that may be used in the company’s products and services. The term “engineering” is typically reserved for software development, and familiarity with languages like JAVA and C++ is highly desirable when hiring new staff.
Because of the object-oriented nature of these languages, the emphasis will be on data structure rather than procedural logic. In the range of 1–10 years of experience, a Data Engineer at Amazon can expect to make an average of 21.3 Lakhs per year. The average annual compensation for a Data Engineer at Amazon is between 20.0 Lakhs and 40.0 Lakhs.
How to get into a data science position at Amazon?
Each business has its unique hiring procedure that determines which candidates will be the most valuable to the organization. The hiring procedure at Amazon India consists of six stages:
- Testing of Application Materials
- Talking it out over the phone
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Examination in Writing
- Chats in a Circle
- When making a decision, the Hiring Committee looks at reviews
Requirements for a Data Science job at Amazon
If you want to work as a Data Scientist at Amazon, you need a doctorate in a relevant field (such as machine learning, data analysis, statistics, etc.). Equal weight will be given to their mathematical abilities and programming experience. All applicants must have a Master’s degree or higher in a relevant field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Computational Biology, Economics, or a related field or have substantial relevant work experience.
- Fluency in R, Stata, MATLAB, Python, SQL, C++, Java, and other statistical applications and functional programming languages.
- You have a proven track record of developing and deploying machine learning (ML) algorithms tailored to meet an organization’s unique requirements and backed up by extensive testing on big data sets. Data mining and database administration skills for use with massive, complicated business datasets.
- You have a proven track record in an analytical position requiring familiarity with machine learning methods, data extraction, analysis, and presentation.
- Fluency in both oral and written English.
The hiring procedure for data scientists at Amazon is quite typical and comprehensive. There will be a preliminary phone screen, an interview with the recruiting manager, and a full day of on-site interviews.
- During the initial phone screening interview, which typically lasts no more than half an hour, the recruiter will briefly review your résumé and experiences before providing an overview of the position, team, and the team’s place within the firm as a whole.
- You can expect a more in-depth discussion of your data experience and technical skills during a technical job interview. Data science coding tasks are done in a collaborative code editor. Other topics include statistics, coding, algorithms, and product design.
- If you’re applying for a data scientist position at Amazon, you should expect to have five interviews and a lunch break. The questions asked at interviews are both technical and behavioral.
If they want to make the most of their talents, data scientists aim to work for organizations with billions of dollars in revenue. Amazon is among the top corporations in the world thanks to the outstanding efforts of its many divisions. Working for a leading tech firm like Amazon will equip data scientists with the expertise and experience they need to succeed in their field. And if you need to know where to start your data science learning journey, then a data science course at Online Manipal would be a great start to understanding the core concepts.
Information related to companies and external organizations is based on secondary research or the opinion of individual authors and must not be interpreted as the official information shared by the concerned organization.
Additionally, information like fee, eligibility, scholarships, finance options etc. on offerings and programs listed on Online Manipal may change as per the discretion of respective universities so please refer to the respective program page for latest information. Any information provided in blogs is not binding and cannot be taken as final.
Enroll with us
Interested to join our courses?
Share your details and we'll get back to you.
Become future-ready with our online M.Sc. in Data Science programKNOW MORE