Regular vs online graduation: What should you choose?
In the past, a college degree was only obtained through traditional graduation, where students had to attend regular classes in college. But with the advent of technology, online graduation has become a viable option for those who are unable to attend regular classes due to personal or professional commitments. Online graduation is an innovative way of obtaining a college degree. It is a type of learning which is conducted over the internet. Students enrolled in online graduate programs can attend classes, submit assignments, and take exams online.
The world is changing rapidly, and the way we learn is changing with it. In the wake of the pandemic, online education had become the new norm as traditional classes were not feasible in the situation. According to Inside Higher Ed, 73% of US students wanted to continue taking online classes even after the pandemic. It is because online education is a more cost-effective option, as online courses are usually cheaper than traditional courses. Moreover, online education offers flexible learning schedules, allowing you to learn at your own pace. Read on to learn more about online graduation vs traditional graduation.
You can also read, Are online degrees acceptable in the USA?
Benefits of online degrees over traditional degrees
Online education benefits are numerous over traditional degrees. Here are some online education benefits.
- Learn while you work: It is one of the major benefits that online degrees offer. They allow you to continue your education without having to quit your job. As you will have access to recorded lectures and vast e-learning content, you can learn at a time that is convenient to you.
- Flexible learning schedule: One of the major benefits of an online degree is its flexible learning schedule. You can learn at your own pace and learn whenever you have time. This makes it easier to balance studies with other commitments such as work or family.
- Cost-effective: If you compare online degrees vs campus degrees, online courses are usually cheaper than traditional courses. They also come with various financing options, making them a more viable option over traditional degrees.
- Convenient: Online degrees are convenient as you can learn from the comfort of your home. You don’t have to worry about commuting to college and can access lectures and course material anywhere, anytime.
- Wide range of courses: Online degrees offer a wide range of courses that may not be available in traditional colleges. This allows you to pursue courses of your choice and specialize in a particular field.
- Global perspective: Learners from all over the world enroll in an online degree and share their perspectives. Class discussions in an online class include a broader range of perspectives, assisting you in developing cross-cultural understanding. Students can thus broaden their horizons to understand global perspectives and develop cultural awareness.
Factors to consider before enrolling for an online degree
Before enrolling for an online degree, there are a few factors that you should consider.
- Online degree accreditation: Make sure that the online program you are considering is accredited by a recognized body. This ensures that the degree is valid and will be accepted by employers. Be sure to research the online degree accreditation to make sure that the degree is valid and respected by employers.
- Online degree credibility: Do thorough research on the online degree provider and the program to make sure that the provider is credible and the degree has value in the real world.
- Reputation of the university: Research the reputation of the university offering the online degree. This helps you determine the quality of education you will receive and the job opportunities available after graduation.
- Technical requirements: Ensure that your computer and internet connection meet the technical requirements of the online degree program. This ensures that you can access the course material and participate in online classes without any technical issues.
- Faculty: Check the experience of the faculty members teaching the online degree program. This helps you have a better understanding of the quality of education you’ll receive and the type of mentorship you can expect.
Find out various methods to choose the right online program.
Get a UGC-entitled online degree from Manipal University Jaipur
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) is one of the leading universities in India, offering a wide range of online degree programs through the online platform, Online Manipal. The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), and its online degree programs are accepted by employers. Learners can choose from a variety of online Undergraduate (UG) degree programs such as BBA, BCA, and B.Com from MUJ. These programs are designed to provide in-depth knowledge of the subject and equip learners with the skills and knowledge required to succeed in their endeavors.
Online Manipal provides access to a highly-qualified faculty, mentors, and industry experts who can guide you throughout your program. Online Manipal offers various networking opportunities and placement assistance to help students succeed. Students can also opt for easy financing options and get scholarships to easily fund their education.
To know more, read Why should you choose MUJ for online degrees?
Graduation is a significant milestone in your life and lays the foundation for your future and the direction you want to take in life. While traditional graduation is still a viable option for many, online graduation has emerged as a viable option for those who are unable to attend regular classes due to personal or professional commitments and prefer self-paced learning. Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) offers UGC-entitled online degrees through Online Manipal. The platform provides a personalized learning experience with interactive video lectures, collaborative tools, and AI-based assessments. So, if you are considering an online degree, check out the Online Manipal website.
Information related to companies and external organizations is based on secondary research or the opinion of individual authors and must not be interpreted as the official information shared by the concerned organization.
Additionally, information like fee, eligibility, scholarships, finance options etc. on offerings and programs listed on Online Manipal may change as per the discretion of respective universities so please refer to the respective program page for latest information. Any information provided in blogs is not binding and cannot be taken as final.
Enroll with us
Interested to join our courses?
Share your details and we'll get back to you.
Explore our online programs to become future-readyKNOW MORE