Admin | November 20, 2020 8 min read
The perception of online courses has changed significantly in the past decade. A Babson Survey Research Group study revealed that around 33% of college students have joined at least one online course. Today, most employers and educational institutes understand that an online degree is as efficient and educative as a regular degree programme.
The following section will educate you about various aspects of online learning and explain how it varies from traditional learning.
How do regular degree courses run?
Regular on-campus degree programmes require students to attend classes without fail. Here, you will be accompanied by many other students and there will be a good learning environment.
Recent years have indeed seen the dominance of online degree programmes. However, the demand for offline courses is still remarkably high. That’s because offline programmes allow students to communicate with peer groups and ask questions to their lecturers directly.
These traditional degree programmes make students feel more responsible for exams. They remain committed to meeting deadlines and attending classes regularly.
However, the college lifestyle discussed above doesn’t suit the needs and mindset of a large number of people especially the working professionals and entrepreneurs. They prefer joining the online BCA or BBA classes. People pursuing their master’s degrees often take up part-time jobs to meet their expenses. It is common for these individuals to struggle to adjust to the schedules of college lectures. Such events force many to leave their studies midway. These people avoid traditional learning primarily due to its lack of flexibility. They prefer to do their postgraduation through online MBA or MCA programmes that are offered by different colleges or universities.
Benefits of pursuing an online degree
- Scheduling flexibility: Working professionals are able to schedule online courses according to their requirements thanks to the option of asynchronous learning
- Geographic flexibility: You can complete your online graduate degree from a university of your choice irrespective of your geographic location
- Lower overall expenditure: The course fees for online courses are lower when compared to traditional courses. Apart from that, students don’t have to bear expenses for the daily commute or pay for college accommodation
- Comfortable learning environment: As you will be the one choosing your learning environment, you will feel more comfortable when completing coursework.
- Career advancement: You will get to complete the necessary degrees online to get promotions at your workplace. Working professionals need not leave their job to earn a master’s degree
- Improvement in technical skills: You will learn to use new software suites, study about various formats of online communication, perform detailed research, and more.
Higher education and career opportunities offered by online degrees
The past couple of years have seen online education receive mainstream acceptance. Today, there’s almost no difference between completing an online degree and completing a regular offline programme.
Top employers around the globe are not hesitating to recruit individuals who have completed a BBA or MBA programme online.
The only thing employers check when hiring an individual is from where they’ve completed the course. If it is a prestigious institution, companies never discriminate between applicants based on whether they have an online degree or offline degree. Many companies even encourage their employees to enrol for online MBA programmes for working individuals.
Online learners will also not find it difficult to get themselves enrolled at prestigious academic organisations to pursue higher education. This stands true even for students who have completed a degree online but want to enrol in a master’s programme next.
The above discussion must have helped you in understanding more about mainstream online learning. The only thing you need to ensure when taking an online course is that it is offered by a top, recognised university.
The one name you can rely on in online education is Manipal University Jaipur. The A+ NAAC-accredited university has carried on this legacy to frame high-quality online degree programmes for students. Currently, we are offering online degrees like BBA, BCA, MBA, and MCA. The programme duration of each of these programs is the same as their offline versions. However, you will have to pay much lower fees for taking these courses online.
Get yourself enrolled for any one of these courses and boost your career with this new method of learning.
Keep Reading, Keep Learning
Preparing for the post-Covid-19 world
Online degree courses at Manipal University Jaipur – All you need to know
Five ways to fund your education and get the management degree of your dreams
Trying to get into a top university? Here’s what you need to know
Are online degree courses & regular offline courses of the same value?